audra trower williams
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2

posted 15 January 2004 05:04 PM      Profile for audra trower williams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote
quote:
which way does your pussy slant, baby? this is important, since you are certainly quite unfunny.

more horrible emails.

From: And I'm a look you in the eye for every bar of the chorus | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lima Bean
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3000

posted 15 January 2004 05:09 PM      Profile for Lima Bean   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote
yowch. That's really horrible.

Are freerepublic and freedominion twin brothers or what?

From: s | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
al-Qa'bong
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3807

posted 15 January 2004 05:14 PM      Profile for al-Qa'bong   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote
So what's this about? MoveOn.org doesnt have much to say.
From: Saskatchistan | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Michelle
Moderator
Babbler # 560

posted 15 January 2004 05:18 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote
Tell me about it.

I laughed at the second and third ones from the bottom though - I guess they must have gotten some major hatemail after having their e-mails displayed on Cho's site, because they sent in grovelling apologies in order to get their last name and e-mail address off her site.

From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
audra trower williams
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2

posted 15 January 2004 05:19 PM      Profile for audra trower williams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote
I think freedominion was started as a Canadian version of freerepublic. But I'm not sure.
From: And I'm a look you in the eye for every bar of the chorus | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lima Bean
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3000

posted 15 January 2004 05:22 PM      Profile for Lima Bean   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote
Where do people even learn how to be so nasty?

I swear I've never heard such disgusting and rotten invectives in all my life!

From: s | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
pogge
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2440

posted 15 January 2004 05:24 PM      Profile for pogge   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by al-Qa'bong:
So what's this about? MoveOn.org doesnt have much to say.

Cho was one of the featured performers at the event MoveOn held on Monday night to celebrate the selection of the best of the "Bush in 30 seconds" ads. Cho's monologue was quite critical of Bush and of Republicans in general (and not a little obscene), and the freepers got a little excited about it.

From: Why is this a required field? | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
audra trower williams
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2

posted 15 January 2004 05:25 PM      Profile for audra trower williams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote
[email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] , [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

If you're so inclined.

From: And I'm a look you in the eye for every bar of the chorus | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Michelle
Moderator
Babbler # 560

posted 15 January 2004 05:29 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote
I've always been tempted to do that when people post the e-mail addresses of idiots like that.

But then I think, that means they'll get MY e-mail address. Which is more than a little bit of a creepy thought.

I think I'll just leave these idiots alone and wrinkle my nose from afar.

From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Polunatic
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3278

posted 15 January 2004 05:34 PM      Profile for Polunatic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote
quote:
Where do people even learn how to be so nasty?
I guess racist vitriol is back in fashion fuelled by the likes of Ann Coulter, Rush Limbaugh and arrogance of a Shrub Whitehouse. They're part of the cool backlash against political correctness. Those soldiers are in Iraq fighting right now for the right of these neanderthals to spread their messages of hatred.

Imagine the reactions if there was a serious left in the USA or even an NDP-type social democratic party that was a player in US politics!

Michelle - you can always get a special hotmail account just for the occasion if you're so inclined.

[ 15 January 2004: Message edited by: Non-partisan partisan ]

From: middle of nowhere | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Erstwhile
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4845

posted 15 January 2004 05:38 PM      Profile for Erstwhile     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Michelle:
I've always been tempted to do that when people post the e-mail addresses of idiots like that.

But then I think, that means they'll get MY e-mail address. Which is more than a little bit of a creepy thought.

I think I'll just leave these idiots alone and wrinkle my nose from afar.

Hypothetically, one could go to an Internet cafe [edit: thereby avoiding any possibility of a trace to one's home computer], set up a new Hotmail or Yahoo account under a pseudonym, and send an e-mail to these inbred rednecks that way.

Hypothetically.

E.

[ 15 January 2004: Message edited by: Erstwhile ]

From: Deepest Darkest Saskabush | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Michelle
Moderator
Babbler # 560

posted 15 January 2004 05:43 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote
Yes, this is true. I was thinking that too. But that requires WAY too much effort to simply respond to a bunch of yahoos.

NPP, you can set up a hotmail account, but your IP address will be on it, and from what I understand, people who are really web savvy can find out the real ISP e-mail address that is registered to your IP. I remember laughing one time while reading the hate mail from this one web site - and the person running the site would post the person's home e-mail and laugh at them for thinking they could hide behind a free web-based account. This person got a whole flurry of apologies from a bunch of people whose e-mails got spammed. A lot of them were teenagers whose parents were furious when they found out why their family e-mail was suddenly being filled with vitriol. It was a sweet thing to read.

[ 15 January 2004: Message edited by: Michelle ]

From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Erstwhile
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4845

posted 15 January 2004 05:45 PM      Profile for Erstwhile     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Michelle:
Yes, this is true. I was thinking that too. But that requires WAY too much effort to simply respond to a bunch of yahoos.

Oh, I dunno. If you're at the library or feel like a coffee anyway...

...but then, I'm a petty, vindictive man.

From: Deepest Darkest Saskabush | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
audra trower williams
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2

posted 15 January 2004 05:48 PM      Profile for audra trower williams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: You're a racist asshole

I may be her daddy as I served a year in Korea and had many ladies. You are so kind to point this out--that is what I like about you left wingers, you are so nice

From: "dennisd345"
To: "'audra williams'"
Subject: you are a liberal abortionist cunt

The message 'header says it all.... go kill babied you liberal abortionist cunt!

Have a good day

From: And I'm a look you in the eye for every bar of the chorus | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Michelle
Moderator
Babbler # 560

posted 15 January 2004 05:51 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote
Ha. You've probably earned yourself a free posting of your e-mail address on freerepublic.
From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
audra trower williams
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2

posted 15 January 2004 05:51 PM      Profile for audra trower williams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote
Like I don't get enough crazy hate mail already. Whatevs.
From: And I'm a look you in the eye for every bar of the chorus | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Erstwhile
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4845

posted 15 January 2004 05:53 PM      Profile for Erstwhile     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote
"...had many ladies." Hee.

I truly do love the articulate, informed debate that so often comes from the Right.

E.

From: Deepest Darkest Saskabush | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
'lance
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1064

posted 15 January 2004 07:52 PM      Profile for 'lance     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote
Call me perverse, or oblivious, or something.

But in all that vitriolic spew, one thing that particularly jumped out at me was the use of "liberal" as a term of abuse.

You get the feeling that some Americans don't believe in liberty, except the liberty to be racist assholes.

[ 15 January 2004: Message edited by: 'lance ]

From: that enchanted place on the top of the Forest | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Erstwhile
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4845

posted 15 January 2004 08:18 PM      Profile for Erstwhile     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 'lance:

But in all that vitriolic spew, one thing that particularly jumped out at me was the use of "liberal" as a term of abuse.

Only typical, for a bunch of goddamn Tories.

...what?

E.

From: Deepest Darkest Saskabush | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
meades
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 625

posted 15 January 2004 08:25 PM      Profile for meades     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote
quote:
But then I think, that means they'll get MY e-mail address. Which is more than a little bit of a creepy thought.

Unless of course you were to sign up for a new fake email address specifically for this purpose from hotmail.com, yahoo.ca, canada.com, or any number of other free providers. Then, to avoid getting nasty replies, simply don't check the account ever again

From: Sault Ste. Marie | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Michelle
Moderator
Babbler # 560

posted 15 January 2004 08:48 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote
Yes, meades, but what about this:

quote:

From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
audra trower williams
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2

posted 15 January 2004 09:05 PM      Profile for audra trower williams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote
Erstwhile, could you stop "signing" your messages?

Thanks!

From: And I'm a look you in the eye for every bar of the chorus | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
meades
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 625

posted 15 January 2004 09:29 PM      Profile for meades     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote
quote:
NPP, you can set up a hotmail account, but your IP address will be on it, and from what I understand, people who are really web savvy can find out the real ISP e-mail address that is registered to your IP. I remember laughing one time while reading the hate mail from this one web site - and the person running the site would post the person's home e-mail and laugh at them for thinking they could hide behind a free web-based account.

Damn. Well, that teaches me to post before I read a thread thoroughly.

quote:
To: [email protected]

From: "dennisd345"
To: "'audra williams'"

From: Sault Ste. Marie | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Erstwhile
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4845

posted 15 January 2004 09:36 PM      Profile for Erstwhile     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by audra estrones:
Erstwhile, could you stop "signing" your messages?

Thanks!

Er...okay...?

E.

I mean, NOT E.

I mean...oh bugger, I'm so confused.

(Old habits from other Fora can be hard to break... )

From: Deepest Darkest Saskabush | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Erstwhile
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4845

posted 15 January 2004 09:38 PM      Profile for Erstwhile     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Michelle:
Yes, meades, but what about this:

Hence my suggestion that the best way to e-mail psycho bigots is to only use computers at Internet cafes or libraries.

I'm just sayin'.

From: Deepest Darkest Saskabush | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Michelle
Moderator
Babbler # 560

posted 15 January 2004 09:39 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote
Oh, I know, and I did take that suggestion to heart. I'm just hardly ever in a library or internet cafe using computers since I have one at home.
From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Hinterland
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4014

posted 15 January 2004 09:41 PM      Profile for Hinterland        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote
quote:
(Old habits from other Fora can be hard to break... )

If you think the post-signing reproach was bad, just wait 'til you're lambasted for side-scroll

From: Québec/Ontario | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
CMOT Dibbler
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4117

posted 15 January 2004 09:50 PM      Profile for CMOT Dibbler     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote
I heard her perform at the Edinburgh folk Festival. I don't know why she was part of the show. The poor lady wasn't exactly bringing the house down. She must have been so uncomfortable up on that stage. Didn't the organizers realize that the Scots sense of humor is different from the American?
Anyway, I agree. There should be a law against fascist Nazi bastard ideologues using the Internet.
Oh wait, isn't there a law like that already?

From: Just outside Fernie, British Columbia | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged