babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » from far and wide   » bc, alberta, saskatchewan   » Annexation Party of BC

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Annexation Party of BC
Platosdad
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3559

posted 12 July 2004 08:20 PM      Profile for Platosdad     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A separatist loon with a twist. I saw an ad for these guys in the PG Shitizen this weekend. Anybody know anything more about them? Obviously if this Gordon Brosseuk has enough money to take out front-page, banner ads in a newspaper, he must have a past. Or some backers.

http://www.annexationbc.com/intro.asp

From: On the drive to insane.... | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
faith
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4348

posted 12 July 2004 08:26 PM      Profile for faith     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh m'gawd! From Langley to Hope the Fraser valley , I swear , must have something wrong with the water.
'lance
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1064

posted 12 July 2004 08:34 PM      Profile for 'lance     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Oh m'gawd! From Langley to Hope the Fraser valley , I swear , must have something wrong with the water.

Funny you should mention that. Elevated levels of nitrates have been reported in the Abbotsford Aquifer -- which extends west from Abbotsord, as near to Aldergrove (home of the Annexation Party) as makes no difference.

Nitrate is supposedly most dangerous to infants:

quote:
Infants under six months, however, are susceptible to nitrate poisoning because their undeveloped digestive tracts possess bacteria that convert nitrate into nitrite, which is toxic. When nitrite enters the bloodstream, it reacts with oxygen-carrying hemoglobin and forms a compound called methemoglobin. This compound reduces the blood's ability to carry oxygen. As oxygen levels decrease, infants may show signs of suffocation, a condition called methemoglobinetnia.

... but so far as I know, no-one's yet investigated the correlation, if any, between this "blue-baby syndrome" and fruitbar political or religious ideas later in life.

I sense there's a Ph.D. dissertation topic lurking in here somewhere.

[ 12 July 2004: Message edited by: 'lance ]

From: that enchanted place on the top of the Forest | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Stockholm
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3138

posted 12 July 2004 09:06 PM      Profile for Stockholm     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I hope they run as many candidates as possible, they will take more votes from the BC LIberals than they will from the NDP.
Vansterdam Kid
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5474

posted 12 July 2004 09:50 PM      Profile for Vansterdam Kid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Traitors are always popular clearly they will be a big factor in the next election. *wohpm wohpm*

Sorry it's just so cheesy that I couldn't help it.

wei-chi
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2799

posted 13 July 2004 12:50 AM      Profile for wei-chi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This guy figures that BCians would have a greater say in their local affairs as a US State than as a Province? I think he's out to lunch. Sure, US States *do* have control over their age of majority and liquor consumption regulations, but Washington gave states billions in tax revenues *only* on the condition that that age be 21. I guess federalism is federalism.
Dagmar
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5444

posted 25 July 2004 06:17 PM      Profile for Dagmar   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by faith:

Actually, being from the Fraser Valley, I can tell you that there are many good people living out here. Granted, they don't see things from the Downtown ultra-urban Vanouver perspective (a cardinal sin with the rabble crowd) but that doesn't give you the right to trash the Fraser Valley. It's attitudes like yours that ensure that the Fraser Valley is the Valley of Death for the NDP. Many people don't love the Liberals and not everyone is conservative. Most people, however, believe that the NDP doesn't give a shit about their issues.

As for this Annexation party, it's a complete friggin joke and most people I know have never heard of it. Trust someone on Rabble to mine the depths of obscurity.

From: Santa looks a lot like Daggy! | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca