babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » from far and wide   » bc, alberta, saskatchewan   » Liberal aide deals drugs

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Liberal aide deals drugs
Pogo
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2999

posted 03 July 2004 12:04 AM      Profile for Pogo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
CH news (Victoria) just reported that an aide to Murray Coell (BC Liberal Cabinet Minister) was arrested dealing Crystal Menth. I think his name was Smith. Apparently he was caught in a sweep of a police 'red zone'.
Stockholm
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3138

posted 03 July 2004 12:25 AM      Profile for Stockholm     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Maybe the Liberal drug dealer is on babble as "Erik Pool"
Hinterland
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4014

posted 03 July 2004 12:30 AM      Profile for Hinterland        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Stockholm, do you actually think before you post? You can't go accusing posters here of drug dealing.
From: Québec/Ontario | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Stockholm
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3138

posted 03 July 2004 12:48 AM      Profile for Stockholm     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I said "maybe".
DrConway
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 490

posted 03 July 2004 12:56 AM      Profile for DrConway     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pogo:
CH news (Victoria) just reported that an aide to Murray Coell (BC Liberal Cabinet Minister) was arrested dealing Crystal Menth. I think his name was Smith. Apparently he was caught in a sweep of a police 'red zone'.

WHAT?!?!

You've gotta be fucking kidding.

This province is starting to look a little too much like the other Colombia for my liking.

We've already got the banana republic part down pat, anyway.

From: You shall not side with the great against the powerless. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Hinterland
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4014

posted 03 July 2004 01:05 AM      Profile for Hinterland        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
I said "maybe".

Yes, I see. Maybe you shouldn't do that.

From: Québec/Ontario | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Baldfresh
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5864

posted 03 July 2004 02:24 AM      Profile for Baldfresh   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DrConway:
This province is starting to look a little too much like the other Colombia for my liking.

It'll take a lot more than some meth for things to get that bad; last I checked Colombia was near the bottom of the "safe places to be" list. But I understand concern . . . and yet find this mildly amusing . . .

From: to here knows when | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Jacob Two-Two
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2092

posted 03 July 2004 03:58 AM      Profile for Jacob Two-Two     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Amusing because it's another thorn in the side of the BCLiberals, and another puncture in their slowly leaking credibility.
From: There is but one Gord and Moolah is his profit | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Adam T
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4631

posted 03 July 2004 04:42 AM      Profile for Adam T     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't think it's 100% surprising. The Provincial Liberals are people who pray at the alter of money, and some of them will do just about anything for it.

I think drug dealing went way up under Ronald Reagan cause he basically said "go out and do anything you need to become rich" without worrying about the ethical concerns.

BLAKE 3:16
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2978

posted 03 July 2004 10:36 AM      Profile for BLAKE 3:16     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hopefull they're dealing crystal menth and not meth. The former's far easier on the sinuses.
From: Babylon, Ontario | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
faith
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4348

posted 03 July 2004 01:11 PM      Profile for faith     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
After the raids on the Leg the police chief gave a press conference in Victoria. I remember him saying " Illegal drugs have reached the very top levels of our society and our government " and then he wouldn't elaborate.
With Basi being implicated and now a new assistant being busted perhaps the qualifications for getting a job as a liberal aide depend more on your drug connections than your managerial skills.

robbie_dee
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 195

posted 03 July 2004 02:09 PM      Profile for robbie_dee     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Although the link here is more tennuous, it is worth noting that Paul Martin's CSL ships have been used for drug smuggling, too.
Pogo
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2999

posted 03 July 2004 02:14 PM      Profile for Pogo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So police profile drug dealers by race and appearance, when the biggest test should be whether they had a Liberal sign in the election.
faith
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4348

posted 03 July 2004 05:49 PM      Profile for faith     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What Pogo said
Screaming Lord Byron
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4717

posted 03 July 2004 07:32 PM      Profile for Screaming Lord Byron     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
How soon 'til this thing blows wide open? It won't be long now.
beverly
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5064

posted 03 July 2004 07:34 PM      Profile for beverly     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
How soon 'til this thing blows wide open?

Well they found the blow didn't they?

From: In my Apartment!!!! | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
sgm
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5468

posted 04 July 2004 04:32 AM      Profile for sgm     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here's the Coell story. Police stress there's no connection between this arrest and last year's raid on the BC leg.

Also, CSL appears to be well in the clear on the cocaine story mentioned above. From what I've read, there isn't even a tenuous link:

quote:

"This is not uncommon for a legit company to be exploited by organized crime when it comes to the movement of contraband," said Michel Proulx, a spokesman for the Canada Border Services Agency.

The Globe's full CSL story is here.

There's lots to dislike in the policies of Gordon Campbell and Paul Martin, but I'll eat a riding's worth of Green ballots if either man (or either's party) is involved in drug trafficking.

[ 04 July 2004: Message edited by: SGM ]

From: I have welcomed the dawn from the fields of Saskatchewan | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
faith
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4348

posted 04 July 2004 01:00 PM      Profile for faith     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't think anyone really believes that the drug connections go that far up the ladder, we're just having fun at the neo-libs expense.
I think that it is quite reasonable to assume though that the amount of drugs we've seen both with the pot in BC ( the house that Basi owned that was a grow op) and the large amount of cocaine , large amounts of money and fairly good connections were necessary to move the drugs, so we're not talking small time street dealers here.

Pogo
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2999

posted 04 July 2004 03:55 PM      Profile for Pogo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It does say a fair bit about their internal hiring processes. Again an indicator that the BC Liberal government is all ideology and zero business sense.
saskganesh
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4203

posted 04 July 2004 07:10 PM      Profile for saskganesh     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pogo:
It does say a fair bit about their internal hiring processes. Again an indicator that the BC Liberal government is all ideology and zero business sense.

bullshit. most employers don't screen hires with no criminal record for being crystal meth dealers.

Ranger03
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5302

posted 04 July 2004 08:20 PM      Profile for Ranger03        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wait just a minute here. We want to have complete government involement in drugs. Example: Goverment grows pot Government pot makes users sick and is ineffective!

They could even tax the ah ah industry before they F#*k it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pogo
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2999

posted 04 July 2004 09:03 PM      Profile for Pogo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by saskganesh:

bullshit. most employers don't screen hires with no criminal record for being crystal meth dealers.

Building the right mix of employees is the most important part of any business. Public service even more so. In our business we have three screens for applicants before they get to the final interviews. Included is a personality test. Some are complete garbage in my view but others are quite effective.

Yes it may be hard to screen for a future crime, but it is possible to screen for attitudes that lean toward this behaviour. You can still misread people, but to have 3 ministerial aides implicated in drug dealing and/or related activities in such a short period shows a complete breakdown.

Dagmar
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5444

posted 20 July 2004 07:58 PM      Profile for Dagmar   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stockholm:
Maybe the Liberal drug dealer is on babble as "Erik Pool"

That's really quite horrible.

Who's baiting now?

From: Santa looks a lot like Daggy! | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Panama Jack
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6478

posted 22 July 2004 07:56 PM      Profile for Panama Jack     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dagmar:

That's really quite horrible.

Who's baiting now?

Indeed, and terribly misinformed.

Marshall (but people like to call him "Mack") Smith is WAY too busy to be Babbling... he got caught again driving a 'buddy' to the hospital due to him ODing at the time.

As for screening him -- he was a corrections officer prior to him being a Ministers political aid... good references galore. Appartently he likes to brag about his high profile clients: a provincial judge, 6 officers with the Victoria city police, numerous politicans, etc.. Mack was "the guy" who could get the discerning customer anything .

[I'll put the disclaimer that this is all spectulative heresay that's *most likely* 100% untrue...wouldn't want to ruin Mack-daddies "good name" now....]

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca