babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » from far and wide   » bc, alberta, saskatchewan   » 2004 Federal Election Saskatchewan

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: 2004 Federal Election Saskatchewan
lonecat
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5460

posted 18 June 2004 06:40 PM      Profile for lonecat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So gang, what is happening out there?
Will Regina and Saskatoon send a solid team of New Democrats to Ottawa? Or are the cities going to send Conservatives this time?
I think Moe Kovatch is going to win. In spite of the polling published one week ago, I think Dick Proctor will win. Lorne Nystrom is a close race with Liberal Allyce Herle, but I think he'll pull a win out of the fire.

Am I wrong? Talk to me! What is going on out there?

dark_blue
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5387

posted 18 June 2004 07:15 PM      Profile for dark_blue     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
NDP could take Regina-Lumsden. Nystrom could loose, same with Goodale. Proctor is behing according to a COMPAS poll. Saskatoon probaly will stay Conservative.
Vansterdam Kid
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5474

posted 18 June 2004 10:59 PM      Profile for Vansterdam Kid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well there is this other thread battle ground saskatchewan.

So this is kind of a duplicate. (Yeah I know I've done that too ).

lonecat
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5460

posted 19 June 2004 12:01 AM      Profile for lonecat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I know all about the other thread - but it has grown cold, and after a while nobody was talking at all about the federal election campaign, damn it anyhow, so I deliberately started this new thread!

As per the previous entry, I've been hearing a lot of the same things in the other ridings, although I don't expect Nystrom or Goodale to fall.
Proctor is just a super guy and a super MP, but unfortunately the Conservatives have trained all of their firepower on him, so he has an enormous fight on his hands, all the way to the finish line.
As for Moe, I hear that the outcome of his race hangs in the balance - apparently there is a large pool of undecided voters, waiting to sway to Moe, or to Liberal Gary Anderson.
We'll all be wiser about Regina-Lumsden-Lake Centre before election day. I said before Moe will win and he should, but the undecided factor is big question mark.
I also hear Nettie Wiebe is going to win big in Saskatoon, and Chris Axworthy has a good shot at Saskatoon-Wanuskewin.
And interestingly, Grant Devine has a realistic chance in Souris Moose-Mountain.
The rest of Saskatchewan will be Reformatory Blue!

[ 19 June 2004: Message edited by: lonecat ]

Stockholm
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3138

posted 19 June 2004 12:36 AM      Profile for Stockholm     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
and don't forget Dennis Gruending in Saskatoon-Rosetown-Biggar. He ought to win as well.
Timebandit
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1448

posted 19 June 2004 12:57 AM      Profile for Timebandit     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It was a very close call for Proctor last time (wasn't it 200 or so votes difference?). I'm hoping he pulls it off again -- I've got a sign on my lawn, and we'll be supporting him, as will a lot of people in our little pocket, here, but I'm still worried.
From: Urban prairie. | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Northern54
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5325

posted 19 June 2004 01:36 AM      Profile for Northern54     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Friends from Prince Albert tell me that the campaign there is going better than they could have anticipated. Perhaps an upset in the making...

If the results of the latest polls for the prairies are correct (32%,29%,28%), we should expect some gains in Saskatchewan and Manitoba as last election we earned 23% and lost several seats narrowly.

dark_blue
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5387

posted 19 June 2004 12:56 PM      Profile for dark_blue     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
If the results of the latest polls for the prairies are correct (32%,29%,28%), we should expect some gains in Saskatchewan and Manitoba as last election we earned 23% and lost several seats narrowly.

Which poll is this? The only poll I know for Sask had the Conservatives up at 56%.

Tim
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3145

posted 19 June 2004 01:20 PM      Profile for Tim     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The latest Ipsos poll has CPC 36%, NDP 29%, Lib 28%. Regional breakdowns have mostly been showing a three-way race in SK/MB (especially considering the larger margin of error)
From: Paris of the Prairies | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Northern54
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5325

posted 19 June 2004 01:32 PM      Profile for Northern54     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was referring to the NDP level of support in the last three published polls with regional breakdowns. The Conservatives ranged between 35% and 41% in those three polls. I suspect that the Conservative vote is higher in Saskatchewan (due to massive wins in Kindersley-Lloydminster, Cypress Hills, Yorkton-Melville, Souris) and lower in Manitoba. The NDP vote is usually also higher in Saskatchewan and the Liberal vote higher in Manitoba.

The margin of error on those polls are so high, the NDP vote could be anywhere from 21%-39% in any of the three alone, but with 3 together might be meaningful.

Stockholm
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3138

posted 19 June 2004 01:42 PM      Profile for Stockholm     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I tend to dismiss that earlier poll that had the Cons. at 56% in Man/Sask. I think that was a total outlier. Most national polls show something like a three way split in Man/Sask thsi time.

The important thing is the comparsion with the last election. Since Manitoba and Sask. have about the same population, the easiest thing is to look at the average for each party.

2000 results

NDP Manitoba 21% Sask. 26% - Overall 24.5%
Libs. Manitoba 32% Sask. 21% - Overall 26.5%
Alliance Manitoba 30% Sask. 48% - Overall 39%
PCs Manitoba 15% Sask. 5% - Overall 10%

In other words, in 2000 the combined PC/CA vote in Man/Sask. was 49% compared to 26.5% Liberal and 24.5% NDP

The consensus of the polls (other than that rogue poll from last week by Ipsos) is that it is now a close three-way race with the Conservatives maybe slightly ahead. BUT, this means that Conservative support is down a good 15% from the combined PC/CA vote of 2000. In fact it is even lower than the Alliance vote on its own. The Liberal vote seems to be up 3-4 points AND the NDP vote seems to be up about 5-6 points.

Anyways you slice it, if this actually pans out on E-day, it will mean that all NDP incumbents are safe, the NDP ought to pick up Regina-Lumsden etc..., Saskatoon-Rosetown etc... and Saskatoon-Humboldt. The Liberal might pick up Saskatoon Wanuskewin and who knows what will happen in Churchill River and some people think Prince Albert could be an NDP sleeper. In MB, I suspect it will be very much the status quo but Kildonan-St. Paul and Selkirk-Interlake will be three way races.

have I left anything out?

dark_blue
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5387

posted 19 June 2004 06:09 PM      Profile for dark_blue     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Anyways you slice it, if this actually pans out on E-day, it will mean that all NDP incumbents are safe, the NDP ought to pick up Regina-Lumsden etc..., Saskatoon-Rosetown etc... and Saskatoon-Humboldt. The Liberal might pick up Saskatoon Wanuskewin and who knows what will happen in Churchill River and some people think Prince Albert could be an NDP sleeper. In MB, I suspect it will be very much the status quo but Kildonan-St. Paul and Selkirk-Interlake will be three way races.

Except for the fact the COMPAS poll puts Proctor in second place. Churchill River is going Conservative. The Liberals are the only party besides the Conservatives who are acually known to be running some kind of campaign.

lonecat
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5460

posted 19 June 2004 09:47 PM      Profile for lonecat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stockholm:
and don't forget Dennis Gruending in Saskatoon-Rosetown-Biggar. He ought to win as well.

Based on reliable information I'm getting from Saskatoon, I would put Nettie Wiebe in the winner's column before Dennis Gruending, no offence to Dennis.
Dennis is a tremendous fellow, and I know he is working hard, but my sources tell me Carol Skelton will win Saskatoon-Rosetown-Biggar again and grow her plurality. I hope I'm wrong, but that is what I am hearing.

The NDP or the Liberals have a shot at Churchill River, but I figure with vote-splitting, the Conservatives will likely pick up that seat.

[ 19 June 2004: Message edited by: lonecat ]

dark_blue
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5387

posted 19 June 2004 10:47 PM      Profile for dark_blue     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
The NDP or the Liberals have a shot at Churchill River, but I figure with vote-splitting, the Conservatives will likely pick up that seat.

Lonecat, you do know the NDP is hardly even running a campaign?

Albireo
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3052

posted 20 June 2004 01:17 AM      Profile for Albireo     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
... that is to say, not a campaign that can be detected from dark blue's Calgary hideout.
dark_blue
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5387

posted 20 June 2004 01:26 AM      Profile for dark_blue     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
... that is to say, not a campaign that can be detected from dark blue's Calgary hideout.

Why do people blindly defend the NDP even though they are wrong alot of the time? Please ask people in the riding if Earl Cook is acually campaigning.

Northern54
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5325

posted 20 June 2004 12:05 PM      Profile for Northern54     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The riding of Churchill Rivers is like a northern riding. There is no visible evidence of a Conservative campaign going on in Yellowknife in the Western Arctic. There probably is no evidence of an NDP campaign going on in a couple of communities in the riding as we don't have the funds to get our campaign to all of them. It is too expensive. However, we have mailed pamphlets to all locations and we have radio advertising in as many locations as possible. As there are no large urban centres in Churchill Rivers, it is quite possible that Dark_Blue would get a report that our candidate is not campaigning in specific locations. As for defending the NDP... The NDP will put in more resources (like any other party) in ridings where it is perceived that they have a good chance of winning. I cannot say what internal polling says of our chances in Churchill Rivers but suspect that it is not at the top of the list of possible ridings for us to win in Saskatchewan. The riding is "weird" though in that it has a left-wing candidate who has been elected under two party flags in the past. While we might not like Laliberte for many reasons, he did travel the riding a lot while elected and has met lots of people (and has a following). He will take lots of left-leaning vote and I suspect makes it difficult for the NDP to win.
dark_blue
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5387

posted 20 June 2004 02:49 PM      Profile for dark_blue     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
The riding of Churchill Rivers is like a northern riding. There is no visible evidence of a Conservative campaign going on in Yellowknife in the Western Arctic. There probably is no evidence of an NDP campaign going on in a couple of communities in the riding as we don't have the funds to get our campaign to all of them. It is too expensive. However, we have mailed pamphlets to all locations and we have radio advertising in as many locations as possible. As there are no large urban centres in Churchill Rivers, it is quite possible that Dark_Blue would get a report that our candidate is not campaigning in specific locations. As for defending the NDP... The NDP will put in more resources (like any other party) in ridings where it is perceived that they have a good chance of winning. I cannot say what internal polling says of our chances in Churchill Rivers but suspect that it is not at the top of the list of possible ridings for us to win in Saskatchewan. The riding is "weird" though in that it has a left-wing candidate who has been elected under two party flags in the past. While we might not like Laliberte for many reasons, he did travel the riding a lot while elected and has met lots of people (and has a following). He will take lots of left-leaning vote and I suspect makes it difficult for the NDP to win.

From what I have heard there is no NDP campaign going on in basically any area of the riding. Laliberte has a following but not because he travelled to alot of communities. Ask people in the riding if they ever saw Laliberte meeting people during his terms as MP, most will say no.

Albireo
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3052

posted 20 June 2004 08:17 PM      Profile for Albireo     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dark_blue:
Why do people blindly defend the NDP ...
I wasn't defending the NDP; I have absolutely no idea how the campaign is going in that riding. For all I know, the NDP candidate is hibernating during the campaign and the Conservative is stalking voters day and night such that 911 is always busy. I was merely pointing out that you, in Calgary, don't exactly have your finger on the pulse of Churchill River.

dark_blue
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5387

posted 20 June 2004 09:25 PM      Profile for dark_blue     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
I wasn't defending the NDP; I have absolutely no idea how the campaign is going in that riding. For all I know, the NDP candidate is hibernating during the campaign and the Conservative is stalking voters day and night such that 911 is always busy. I was merely pointing out that you, in Calgary, don't exactly have your finger on the pulse of Churchill River.

Of course you would know that I have no contacts in the riding, and get no information from the riding.

Northern54
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5325

posted 20 June 2004 10:11 PM      Profile for Northern54     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I took your advice and phoned a few of my friends, all of whom are NDP supporters (so I know that the NDP will get some votes). They tell me that the likelihood is that the Conservative will win because the "northern" aboriginal vote is going to be split among the other three candidates.

They also told me that the only contact that they have received is from the NDP candidate (which is not that surprising as they are NDP members --- and live in small communities where everyone knows everyone else's politics).

dark_blue
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5387

posted 20 June 2004 11:50 PM      Profile for dark_blue     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
I took your advice and phoned a few of my friends, all of whom are NDP supporters (so I know that the NDP will get some votes). They tell me that the likelihood is that the Conservative will win because the "northern" aboriginal vote is going to be split among the other three candidates.

They also told me that the only contact that they have received is from the NDP candidate (which is not that surprising as they are NDP members --- and live in small communities where everyone knows everyone else's politics).

Interesting, because that is totally different from what I have been hearing. What part of the riding are they in?

Northern54
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5325

posted 21 June 2004 12:19 AM      Profile for Northern54     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They are teaching in Northern Saskatchewan, beyond the "white" towns where the Conservative vote is concentrated.

I suspect that the Conservative candidate is not spending a lot of time in those communities as he/she will not get many (if any) votes there. I would imagine (I've worked in rural campaigns) that there is a kitchen table canvas going on in all the communities and the "known" Conservatives are not being visited by the NDP (or the Liberals or Laliberte for that matter) and that the known NDP supporters are not being visited by the Conservatives. Both parties are going to try to give the impression that there isn't much of a campaign going on in the other's strongholds.

I once made a visit to Brownlee (a long-standing Conservative stronghold) in Saskatchewan during an election (working for the NDP) and we had a kitchen table canvas with three supporters who could identify the other supporters and any undecided voters. We made a conscious decision not to put up signs as we wanted to depress the turnout of the opposition. We visited the 38 known supporters and possible leaners and did not visit any of the other people. I am certain that the Conservatives in the area thought there was no NDP campaign. By the way, we lost the poll by less than the normal amount as the voter turnout was lower than usual.

By the way, I've talked to a few people from Saskatoon-Rosetown and they tell me that there is little evidence of a Conservative campaign. They received their first Conservative pamphlet in the mail this past week and there has been no direct contact. I don't believe this for a second. The people who are running the Conservative campaign in a "winnable" riding have used their lists to ensure that known NDP supporters are not receiving literature. The only reason my friends got the Conservative pamphlet was that it was mailed.

dark_blue
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5387

posted 21 June 2004 12:25 AM      Profile for dark_blue     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
They are teaching in Northern Saskatchewan, beyond the "white" towns where the Conservative vote is concentrated.

You make it sound so bad.

quote:
I suspect that the Conservative candidate is not spending a lot of time in those communities as he/she will not get many (if any) votes there. I would imagine (I've worked in rural campaigns) that there is a kitchen table canvas going on in all the communities and the "known" Conservatives are not being visited by the NDP (or the Liberals or Laliberte for that matter) and that the known NDP supporters are not being visited by the Conservatives. Both parties are going to try to give the impression that there isn't much of a campaign going on in the other's strongholds.

From what I know of, the Conservative candidate is doing his best to hit every community, and go knock on doors.

Northern54
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5325

posted 21 June 2004 12:39 AM      Profile for Northern54     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I live in the Western Arctic. I teach in a school where the population is 50% aboriginal and 50% non-native. It is a great place and I love it. My friends who are teaching in Northern Saskatchewan like it a lot and have also been at it quite a few years. We don't have many Conservatives here in Yellowknife (and there is little evidence of a Conservative campaign). However, I would not say that their candidate is visiting nobody and running a non-campaign. I expect that he is busy in those communities where there is the best chance of getting some votes. I have known bad candidates who do no work but they are few and far between. If someone puts their name on a ballot for their party, they will generally speaking put in their best effort.

In the Western Arctic, it is not possible to visit all the towns in the riding (because you have to fly into and out of them -- due to the long distances and lack of roads) and knock on doors. The schedule for flights to many of the communities would require landing on Tuesday (for example) and leaving on Thursday. While I haven't worked in Churchill Rivers federally, my spouse has worked in provincial elections in one of the northern ridings. She tells me that it is impossible for any candidate to visit all the communities in the riding let alone knock on all the doors during a federal election, even if the candidate has access to his own plane.

dark_blue
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5387

posted 21 June 2004 12:48 AM      Profile for dark_blue     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
However, I would not say that their candidate is visiting nobody and running a non-campaign. I expect that he is busy in those communities where there is the best chance of getting some votes. I have known bad candidates who do no work but they are few and far between. If someone puts their name on a ballot for their party, they will generally speaking put in their best effort.

I do question this kind of campaigning as last election Laliberte aimed for the reserve vote, and guess what he had one area which had I believe 105% voter turnout, and 83% of that was for Laliberte.

Kaitlin Stocks
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3766

posted 21 June 2004 02:40 AM      Profile for Kaitlin Stocks   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'd like to go back to the city ridings, because I honestly believe that that's where we can pick up the best.

In Regina, Nystrom is a utter and complete shoo-in. They even stopped sending the poll cat teams out in his riding, since the marks were so damn good! There is no way he will lose. Same with Kovatch. The Spencer factor will shoot Moe up into the Winners Circle on June 28th, and the purple office will be in the throws of joy! I also believe Proctor will be joining Lorne and Moe in the Winners Circle, however the Moose Jaw factor is not looking good for us right now. I would truly be sad to have to keep a perfectly awesome MP un-elected here in Regina. That would be a tragedy.

In Saskatoon: What a freakin gong show. Nettie is an absolute shoo in. The Pankiw factor, as well as the Awesome Nettie factor will take her to what I think will be the provices' highest win margin. Dennis, I've heard, was off to a rocky start but has started picking up lots of the undecided vote in the past week, which is great news. However, Carol Skeleton (haha) has been a great MP for that area. She's actually been visible in the riding, and she is the DLOpp, which will definitly play in her favor. Pricilla Settee, unfortunatly, hasn't got a snow flakes chance in Texas of winning. I've heard she's running a crappy campaign, and OHHHHH the Axworthy factor. I don't know if anyone's heard this, but here's the story of a life time.

Once upon a time, in a city of berries, there was a little new democrat named Chrissie. Chrissie was a great MP, and he loved what he did. But little Chrissie got greedy and quit federal politix to become the Premier of Saskatchewan. But when Chrissie ran for Premier, a little church minister from a little city beat him to the top. Chrissie became bitter, and decided to turn his coat. Chrissie was so bitter, once he turned his coat, he thought of every mean trick in the book to get back at all the little new democrats for not letting him be Premier! So Chrissie decided to run for the Liberals with his backwards, inside-out coat on. Once with the Liberals, we could all see for real how greedy little Chrissie really was. So, in 2004, Chrissie became the candidate for the Liberals in the berry city. He decided that he was going to send out his foot work followers out to the doorsteps of the nice little new democrats in the riding, to tell them to vote Liberal. They were to tell the people they were there for the NDP, and not to vote for the NDP, but to vote Liberal. Little Chrissie, we know, will stop at nothing to gain personal power and privilege. Come election day.........

*****To Be Continued...*****

Moral of the story (so far) Chris Axworthy is a bastard.

As well, for Kossick, I have not heard a thing about how his campaign is going.

I am desparatly looking forward to June 28th to see what happens. This has been one hell of an election ride, and I can't wait to see the results.

From: The City That Rhymes With Fun... | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
lonecat
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5460

posted 21 June 2004 03:58 AM      Profile for lonecat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I can confirm most of what sweet little Kaitlin has posted, and can add to it a little.
The only differences I have is that Moe will win in Regina-Lumsden-Lake Centre, but his plurality over the Liberals will be relatively close - there is a large undecided pool in the seat right now, more than in the other seats in Regina.

The other point of slight disagreement (sorry Kaitlin!) I have is in Palliser. Dick is a great man and a fine MP, but I'm not sure he'll win this time.
It has nothing to do with Dick personally - rather the Conservatives appear to have picked Palliser as the seat they wish to win in Regina this time. Based on anecdotal evidence I am picking up, I would say there is a good chance Dave Batters will win (boy do I hope I'm wrong).

Besides, I have to hedge my bets, and make this forum just a tiny bit interesting!
I agree with everything else Kaitlin posted!

David Orchard Supporter
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6001

posted 21 June 2004 05:10 AM      Profile for David Orchard Supporter     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Let me tell you the riding the nDP would not win in Saskatchewan, the riding of Prince Albert! now if David would have ran he would have been a shoee-in and the NDP would have probabelly picked up at least five more seats in Sask/Manitoba
oh well, their loss!

Stockholm
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3138

posted 21 June 2004 08:59 AM      Profile for Stockholm     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Except thast when Orchard ran in PA in 2000 he was crushed and only got about 10% of the vote. I think most people in Saskatchewan regard him as a flake and he would add ZERO to any party's overall campaign.
swirrlygrrl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2170

posted 21 June 2004 09:29 AM      Profile for swirrlygrrl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
my sources tell me Carol Skelton will win Saskatoon-Rosetown-Biggar again and grow her plurality

Ack! I don't want to hear this, and not only because I have some money riding on the race in Dennis' favour. The fact that Carol is from the rural areas of the riding, and thus is well known in the community, will play heavily in her favour there, according to my relatives up in Tessier. She's also fairly well respected as an MP.

The generally disgrunted nature of the electorate in Sk right now to the NDP brand name will hurt a bit, but Dennis has some name recognition on his own from his time as the MP, and strong support in the urban sectors of the riding, and the Aboriginal community, from what I understand. And we can always hope for that strategic voting thing from Liberals hoping to knock off an incumbent Conservative

On a good note, electionprediction.com is now placing Palliser firmly in the NDP column, with Lumsdem Lake Centre and Saskatoon Humbolt still too close to call.

From: the bushes outside your house | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Timebandit
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1448

posted 21 June 2004 10:02 AM      Profile for Timebandit     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
The other point of slight disagreement (sorry Kaitlin!) I have is in Palliser. Dick is a great man and a fine MP, but I'm not sure he'll win this time.
It has nothing to do with Dick personally - rather the Conservatives appear to have picked Palliser as the seat they wish to win in Regina this time. Based on anecdotal evidence I am picking up, I would say there is a good chance Dave Batters will win (boy do I hope I'm wrong).

I hope you're wrong, too, lonecat, but I agree with you -- it's a distinct possibility.

That being said, though, there's some very strong urban support for Proctor, so at the very least, I think it will be close.

From: Urban prairie. | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
lonecat
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5460

posted 21 June 2004 11:53 AM      Profile for lonecat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Zoot Capri:

I hope you're wrong, too, lonecat, but I agree with you -- it's a distinct possibility.

That being said, though, there's some very strong urban support for Proctor, so at the very least, I think it will be close.

My sources tell me the race in Palliser will come down to the votes in Moose Jaw. The Band City holds the key this time. While being an NDP stronghold provincially, Moose Jaw has been known to vote Reform federally. I agree Dick has very strong support in SW Regina.

wei-chi
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2799

posted 22 June 2004 11:12 AM      Profile for wei-chi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Do you really think Wiebe will win in Humboldt? I understand the logic of the vote split, but I'm not positive that Pankiw might not still win! (yikes)

He did do quite well in the civic election, after all, and is the the 2-time incumbent. He would have to lose 50% of his votes this time in order for Wiebe to win it. I'm not sure that'll happen.

Screaming Lord Byron
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4717

posted 22 June 2004 11:25 AM      Profile for Screaming Lord Byron     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Case in hand, Jack Ramsay in Crowfoot. Ran as Reform candidate in '97, took 71%, ran in 2000 as an Independent, got 5.6% of the vote. It can happen that the incumbent running as an Indie drops off the face of the earth. Of course, Ramsay was a convicted rapist, but that sort of thing hasn't put off CA/Reform voters in the past.

[ 22 June 2004: Message edited by: Screaming Lord Byron ]

lonecat
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5460

posted 22 June 2004 01:38 PM      Profile for lonecat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My sources in Saskatoon tell me Wiebe will win, because apparently Pankiw is polling about about 25% in Saskatoon-Humboldt.
wei-chi
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2799

posted 22 June 2004 05:10 PM      Profile for wei-chi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
In the last federal election, Pankiw won the riding with more votes than the Liberals and NDP combined.

If there are 4 main candidates, then 25% doesn't mean disaster for anyone. It must be tight. Do you have any other numbers for that riding?

Vansterdam Kid
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5474

posted 22 June 2004 10:05 PM      Profile for Vansterdam Kid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is off topic but why have David Orchard's supporters created such a cult of personality around him? Honestly will they really affect the result in Prince Albert that much?
Tim
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3145

posted 22 June 2004 10:16 PM      Profile for Tim     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They certainly didn't when he was running in 2000
From: Paris of the Prairies | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Vansterdam Kid
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5474

posted 22 June 2004 10:23 PM      Profile for Vansterdam Kid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Seriously I think he's over-rated. If he only gained what 12% of the vote in 2000 all of that vote wasn't simply for him -- it was also for the PC party. I think they're a bit deluded.

[ 22 June 2004: Message edited by: Davidbcalec ]

Northern54
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5325

posted 22 June 2004 11:31 PM      Profile for Northern54     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have canvassed in the area around Saskatoon and Prince Albert. I expect that David Orchard could mobilize somewhere around 5% of the electorate to vote the way that he wanted. I am not sure that he is doing it though reports of NDP support in the rural areas around Prince Albert would indicate it might be true. Take a look at the 2000 vote totals in Prince Albert and transfer the Progressive Conservative vote to the NDP. Combine that with strong support for Hovdebo in his home area (Birch Hills) and you see a glimmering hope for an upset.
Bill Haydon
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3273

posted 23 June 2004 12:07 AM      Profile for Bill Haydon     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've been hearing good things about the NDP chances in P.A. for the last little while. It could be interesting. Hovdebo has the name recognition and he's much more popular than the dud the NDP nominated in 2000
lonecat
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5460

posted 23 June 2004 01:35 AM      Profile for lonecat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by wei-chi:
In the last federal election, Pankiw won the riding with more votes than the Liberals and NDP combined.

If there are 4 main candidates, then 25% doesn't mean disaster for anyone. It must be tight. Do you have any other numbers for that riding?

Sorry, I don't have anymore numbers on this race, other than what I have provided earlier.

I would echo the comments about election trends coming out of the Prince Albert riding. I lived and worked in P.A. for over 4 years, so I have some knowledge of the city's political culture.

The unfortunate thing about the federal PA riding
is it includes a large group of people who live in the eastern part of the seat who are very right-wing and vote in large droves. There is also a large anti-gun registry following in the city of Prince Albert that unfortunately is also highly motivated to vote, in this case for the Conservatives.

In order to win in Prince Albert, the Liberals must bleed support off of the Conservatives, allowing the NDP to run up the middle. Can anyone tell us if there is a significant Liberal campaign in the seat that is draining Conservative votes?

al-Qa'bong
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3807

posted 23 June 2004 02:41 AM      Profile for al-Qa'bong   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here's a sign anecdote that may or may not mean anything.

As I cycle to work along 14th Street, I've noticed that the Reform, Liberal, and Pankiw (eew) signs are on the public land on the north side, near the U of S highrises, but the south side of the road, with homes inhabited by human beings, has an overwhelming majority of Nettie Wiebe signs on the lawns.

The Libs, Reform and Pank(eew) have signs up on the public land alongside Preston Ave. as well, but there's nary a Nettie sign to behold. Good for Nettie.

I live in the riding that Don Kossick's running in. I really ought to get a sign, except the neighbours think I'm weird, which may not be a good endorsement for the Nude Ms.

[ 23 June 2004: Message edited by: al-Qa'bong ]

From: Saskatchistan | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
steam.machine
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4916

posted 23 June 2004 03:28 AM      Profile for steam.machine     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
When I lived in Saskatoon, it was common knowledge that the Libs and Cons would always post signs on public property and on lamposts. The NDP only put signs on property where they had consent of the owners.

Didn't help them....the perennial loser Robin Bellamy, the NDP'er turned Liberal turned Saskatory is still looking for a way into the marble palace! LOL

LukeVanc
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2735

posted 23 June 2004 06:23 AM      Profile for LukeVanc     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
CPAC had a good riding profile tonight of the Saskatoon-Wanuskewin riding where Priscilla Settee is running. She did a good job presenting herself and her ideas to CPAC. I found Axworthy rather inarticulate and constantly stuttering and "ummming" in a Paul Martin fashion. Voters "around town" didn't seem to care much for him either.

CPAC speculated that it is a "close race" because of the large number of undecideds, and that there is a decent sized aboriginal voting base of 4200.

saskganesh
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4203

posted 24 June 2004 12:25 PM      Profile for saskganesh     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Last night, I went to a forum.

It was at the Regina Seniors Centre and wasn't a constitency debate, but an invitational from the whole city to make it more interesting. They brought in Nystrom to replace the local NDP candidate (Weir) and another Conservative guy, Lukiwski. Of course, Goodale the finance minister was there.

All of them were smooth. Except for the Green Party guy (Robilliard?). Painful. An embarrassment. He just read from the party brochure for every question asked. He was ill prepared and wasted my time.

Of the other three...Nystrom spent most of his time attacking Lukiwski, who took the bait, and spent most of his time defending himself agnist Nystrom. Goodale and Nystrom were all buddy buddy, and Ralph didn't break a sweat the whole night.

Question ranged from Healthcare, to Iraq, to North American Space Shield, Star Wars, abortion, women's rights and equality. Answers pretty much what you would expect. Best thing was the heat that Nystrom was throwing at Lukiwski and the heat that was thrown back. It was fun, but:

How come Goodale, the Finance Minister, got a free ride from Lukiwski AND Nystrom ?

I also guess the NDP hope to be working with the Liberals after next week.

I also know that I am not voting Green because their candidate was useless. So my vote is drifting back to NDP.

swirrlygrrl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2170

posted 24 June 2004 01:12 PM      Profile for swirrlygrrl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Lukiwiski is running in Lumsden Lake Centre, correct? As such, I'd guess Nystrom was focusing where we have a real chance of winning, by showing voters in that riding that Kovatch and the NDP is the way to go. As for Goodale, the NDP won't take him down this election. I don't know enough about the riding to know if the Covervatives might. I think it makes sense to concentrate firepower where it won't just be a moral victory.
From: the bushes outside your house | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
lonecat
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5460

posted 24 June 2004 03:05 PM      Profile for lonecat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by saskganesh:
Last night, I went to a forum.

All of them were smooth. Except for the Green Party guy (Robilliard?). Painful. An embarrassment. He just read from the party brochure for every question asked. He was ill prepared and wasted my time.

I also know that I am not voting Green because their candidate was useless. So my vote is drifting back to NDP.

Yes, in fact, ALL of the Green candidates in Regina are imbeciles. I have met them all at one time or another, so I can vouch for what saskganesh is saying. That is what happens when your focus is to find a full slate of candidates, rather than to run solid campaigns.

saskganesh
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4203

posted 24 June 2004 03:12 PM      Profile for saskganesh     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by swirrlygrrl:
Lukiwiski is running in Lumsden Lake Centre, correct? As such, I'd guess Nystrom was focusing where we have a real chance of winning, by showing voters in that riding that Kovatch and the NDP is the way to go. As for Goodale, the NDP won't take him down this election. I don't know enough about the riding to know if the Covervatives might. I think it makes sense to concentrate firepower where it won't just be a moral victory.

thats probably correct. btw Goodale is most likely going to win again, despite the OK campaigns by the (Cryer)Cons and (Weir) NDP. I epct some of Goodale's vote cushion will be shaved.

saskganesh
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4203

posted 24 June 2004 03:16 PM      Profile for saskganesh     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lonecat:

Yes, in fact, ALL of the Green candidates in Regina are imbeciles. I have met them all at one time or another, so I can vouch for what saskganesh is saying. That is what happens when your focus is to find a full slate of candidates, rather than to run solid campaigns.

i wouldn't call them imbeciles, as its not nice. but at a minimum, they should try to find candidates who have a basic level of literacy.

lonecat
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5460

posted 24 June 2004 07:03 PM      Profile for lonecat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by saskganesh:

i wouldn't call them imbeciles, as its not nice. but at a minimum, they should try to find candidates who have a basic level of literacy.

I guess imbecile is a strong word - OK they aren't imbeciles.
But surely the Greens could have found better candidates in Regina!

saskganesh
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4203

posted 24 June 2004 10:44 PM      Profile for saskganesh     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lonecat:

I guess imbecile is a strong word - OK they aren't imbeciles.
But surely the Greens could have found better candidates in Regina!

if the pull down some of the vote the polls are showing, they'll get some stable funding and so will be more able to do so next time.

Stockholm
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3138

posted 25 June 2004 12:51 PM      Profile for Stockholm     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
According to a telephone survey of Saskatchewan 719 adults conducted June 19-21, 41.6 percent of decided voters said they supported the Tories, compared to 30.2 per cent for the Liberals and 22.5 per cent for the New Democrats. Another 3.6 per cent said they'd vote for the Green Party, while 1.8 per cent said they'd vote for "other."

About 14 per cent of those polled said they were undecided, a number Cooper said is low by historical standards.

Things don't look so hot in Sask!. At least the Conservative vote is down as much as the NDP vote so hopefully (if this is true), we can at least hang on to what we have.

Oh well, I guess in tersm of the long term viability of the NDP it is more important to make a breathrough in Toronto and Vancouver than it is to win a couple more seats in Saskatchewan.

Privateer
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3446

posted 25 June 2004 02:43 PM      Profile for Privateer     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ironically, its the Liberals that have gained. I guess Chris Axworthy is a shoe-in and Goodale has nothing to worry about. Churchill River is still unpredictable.

Last election, Alliance won 48%, NDP 26%, Liberal 21%, PC 5%. We could come out of this with up to four Saskatchewan seats if voters moved from Alliance/Conservative to Liberal in the right places. Here's hoping...

saskganesh
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4203

posted 25 June 2004 03:05 PM      Profile for saskganesh     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stockholm:

Things don't look so hot in Sask!. At least the Conservative vote is down as much as the NDP vote so hopefully (if this is true), we can at least hang on to what we have.

some of this is protest vote against Calvert, some of its "vote one way provincially, another way federally" -- a ususal Canadian behaviour (except for Alberta)

lonecat
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5460

posted 25 June 2004 03:08 PM      Profile for lonecat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Actually, these numbers don't surprise, and I'll tell you why...

1. Some of my NDP friends have pointed out to me that Jack Layton has trailed the party in popular support in polling done in Saskatchewan since January 2003. This trend has been consistent.

2. It is worth remembering the Calvert Government isn't wildly popular right now. What this means is that many loyal New Democrats are likely opting to stay home. They would rather die than vote for another party, so it is vote NDP or stay home.

3. A good NDP friend of mine has pointed out that after the emotional high of getting re-elected last fall, there wasn't the same urgency by party members to pour their energy into the federal campaign. If the Saskatchewan New Democrats had lost government last fall, there would be a stronger NDP effort in the province in this federal campaign.

Past results bear this out. The federal NDP peaked in Saskatchewan in 1988, when they won 10 of the 14 seats. It was a time when the Devine Tories were still in power, that government's privatization agenda was (and still is) becoming wildly unpopular.

I think these are the main reasons for the Saskatchewan numbers.
What I'm trying to say is that the federal vote will Saskatchewan New Democrats a chance to get the venom out of their system in time for the next provincial election.

I would also add that due to the gross organizational and communication incompetence of Saskatchewan Liberals, we will only see 2 Liberals elected this time, Axworthy and Goodale. The Grits popular vote will increase, and finish with a lot of second place finishes in Saskatchewan, but not much else to show for it. The Liberals simply lack the competence in Saskatchewan to capitalize on these polling numbers. The Saskatchewan Liberals couldn't organize a one-person parade!

lonecat
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5460

posted 25 June 2004 03:10 PM      Profile for lonecat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

[ 25 June 2004: Message edited by: lonecat ]

lonecat
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5460

posted 25 June 2004 03:11 PM      Profile for lonecat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oops - sorry about posting the same piece twice, friends, my mistake.
Albireo
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3052

posted 25 June 2004 03:15 PM      Profile for Albireo     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
lonecat, you can click the Edit button () at the top of the second post, and delete everything.
lonecat
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5460

posted 25 June 2004 06:07 PM      Profile for lonecat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thank you, albireo - I'm still learning my way around rabble.ca!

I look forward to getting a report about the protestors who are "greeting" Stephen Harper in Regina this afternoon!
Details to come later!

lonecat
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5460

posted 26 June 2004 05:46 AM      Profile for lonecat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, my understanding is that the protestors (mostly anti-Iraq war for the most part) made their point.
Apparently Harper didn't run out the back door like he did in Winnipeg!

wei-chi
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2799

posted 26 June 2004 06:29 AM      Profile for wei-chi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You might have a point lonecat - seems lots of people might vote liberal, but they don't get out and help.

There are some Sask Party folks helping out on the Liberal campaigns. Lots of liberals are still in the Sask Party, I guess.

lonecat
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5460

posted 26 June 2004 01:17 PM      Profile for lonecat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wei-chi, your assessment is spot on.
In fact, there are more Liberals in the Saskatchewan Party right now than there are in the Liberal Party!

There is no excuse for Liberals to fuel the rise of the Sask Party, but my belief is the games played by Ralph Goodale, Bill Boyd and Glen McPherson in the mid-1990s resulted in the collapse of the Liberals.

Some of my political friends belive McPherson was planted in the Liberal Party to destroy the party from within. I don't subscribe to that theory, but one of my strongest political theories is McPherson's defection to the Grits has unleashed far-reaching and permanent changes to Saskatchewan's political culture that are still unfolding to this day. The long term consequences of these changes aren't known yet.

I am getting distracted - this is perhaps the beginning of another thread.

My whole point is the Liberals are in no shape to capitalize on their Saskatchewan polling numbers!

steam.machine
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4916

posted 27 June 2004 04:18 AM      Profile for steam.machine     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Some of my political friends belive McPherson was planted in the Liberal Party to destroy the party from within. I don't subscribe to that theory, but one of my strongest political theories is McPherson's defection to the Grits has unleashed far-reaching and permanent changes to Saskatchewan's political culture that are still unfolding to this day. The long term consequences of these changes aren't known yet.

Think there was a link between the two Lonecat???

LOL

One thing for sure, the Libs have been in the wilderness in SK for years and will continue to be for many years to come...

steam.machine
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4916

posted 27 June 2004 04:40 AM      Profile for steam.machine     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wei Chi, it is not uncommon to find Liberals supporting the Prov SK Party or SK Party members supporting the Liberals Federally. It is part of the political fabric of Saskatchewan.

It all goes back to when Douglas and the CCF first won power in 1944. As time went on, the CCF gradually usurped the liberal position on the political spectrum, which then forced the Liberals to move to the right and fight with the Tories for the anti-CCF/NDP vote.

The NDP has been successful in playing on this division and it has kept them in power for years. Colin Thatcher, in his book Backrooms, put it the best when he said there are two types of Conservative voters: The type that would never vote Liberal and the type that will vote for the party that has the best chance of defeating the NDP.

That strategy held up until the late nineties when the Libs imploded and the SK Party was formed. With the SK Party, a tie to the past was severed and old voting patterns faded away. Now you have the SK Party with solid support in the rurals and the NDP vote competing with the Liberals in the cities, which is now totally reversed. The NDP won in 2003 in part to the collapse of the Liberal vote and that vote coming to the NDP.

How does this relate to Goodale in Wascana? Well in addition to his core support, he will probably get the Conservative vote that is anti-NDP and sees Goodale as the best chance to keep the NDP from winning the seat. Goodale is also probably telling people in the riding that may vote NDP to vote for him as to defeat the Conservative candidate (if the Conservative candidate is a challenge, which I highly doubt). It still would be a good strategy if Goodale can play both ends here.

All in all, Goodale should win on Monday nite. But then again, this election will bring a few surprises as we haven't seen before. Stay tuned!

lonecat
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5460

posted 27 June 2004 03:44 PM      Profile for lonecat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by steam.machine:

Think there was a link between the two Lonecat???

LOL

One thing for sure, the Libs have been in the wilderness in SK for years and will continue to be for many years to come...

I don't know if there was a link between the two or not, but you are certainly correct about the Sask. Liberals having been in the wilderness for many years.
As for how much longer this phenomena will continue, that is difficult to say. I mean that sincerely. It will depend on two things - what kind of an opening will Calvert give the Grits to build in Saskatchewan, and is Karwacki capable of building anything in the province? The Calvert factor is inconclusive so far, and to date, Karwacki has not proven he can build a politcal base in the province. Time will tell.

It is dangerous for anyone to predict the fortunes of the Saskatchewan Liberals, because their fortunes and support are the most volatile! That is why the Liberals are the "dark horse" force of Saskatchewan politics.

al-Qa'bong
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3807

posted 28 June 2004 12:04 AM      Profile for al-Qa'bong   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
In one of these Saskatchewan threads we were talking about Liberal candidate Patrick Wolfe and his rows of giant signs in front of shabby houses.

Today someone asked me, "Do you want to hear a Patrick Wolfe story?" I said "dish," so she told me a friend of hers rents a house from Wolfe, who is apparently a big property owner.

Wolfe told her he was putting up a Liberal sign in front of her place. She said she was an NDP supporter and didn't want the sign. Wolfe told her she'd be a Liberal supporter while the election campaign was on, or else...

[ 28 June 2004: Message edited by: al-Qa'bong ]

From: Saskatchistan | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
lonecat
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5460

posted 28 June 2004 12:34 AM      Profile for lonecat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That doesn't surprise me at all - I've heard through my grapevine that Wolfe's campaign isn't going well at all, and that he will finish in fourth place tomorrow.
Serves him right!

steam.machine
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4916

posted 28 June 2004 02:38 AM      Profile for steam.machine     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Wolfe told her he was putting up a Liberal sign in front of her place. She said she was an NDP supporter and didn't want the sign. Wolfe told her she'd be a Liberal supporter while the election campaign was on, or else...

That is illegal it that story could be proven. If it were me, I would be smart and put an NDP sign right in front of the Liberal one...lol

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca