babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » from far and wide   » nfld, labrador, pei, ns, nb   » Hamm to Quebec protesters: TOO BAD!

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Hamm to Quebec protesters: TOO BAD!
audra trower williams
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2

posted 24 April 2001 11:04 AM      Profile for audra trower williams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So John Hamm says he isn't going to act on behalf of two Nova Scotians still in jail in Quebec City. Thoughts?
From: And I'm a look you in the eye for every bar of the chorus | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nic
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 20

posted 25 April 2001 11:12 PM      Profile for Nic     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I guess I wouldn't expect that he would have tried to do anything. I'm uncomfortable with the executive trying to influence the judiciary, after all that's sort of how we got into this mess.
In the best of all worlds I wish the NS premier would at least issue a statement.

From: Incheon, Korea | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ian Salim
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 337

posted 25 April 2001 11:18 PM      Profile for Ian Salim     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I abhor the thought of the Premier trying to manipulate the justice system for well-connected protesters (obviously they have friends in the media, political parties etc.) as I would if they were the children of bankers, etc. whose parents are trying to pull strings. If these protesters truly believe in what they did, they should tell it to the judge.
Nic
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 20

posted 26 April 2001 12:16 AM      Profile for Nic     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I really doubt these protesters are "well connected". I don't think anyone expects John Hamm to fly to Quebec and bust them out, but he could speak out against the unjust detention of Nova Scotian citizens.

Does anyone know what these people allegedly did?

From: Incheon, Korea | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca