babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » from far and wide   » nfld, labrador, pei, ns, nb   » Liberal Leadership in Nova Scotia

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Liberal Leadership in Nova Scotia
audra trower williams
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2

posted 24 April 2001 10:59 AM      Profile for audra trower williams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
How long can/should they stall?
From: And I'm a look you in the eye for every bar of the chorus | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Charles
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 200

posted 24 April 2001 03:26 PM      Profile for Charles   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They could stall until right before the next election. Sounds like that's what they are doing (at least one year out from e-day). Smart because:
- If they elect a leader without a seat it won't matter because they'll be in election mode anyway and they can target a seat in the general accordingly
- The new leader will be fresh on people's minds right in the middle of election season
- It will work to maximize a fresh face who will benefit from being elected amidst election fever.

Nic
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 20

posted 25 April 2001 10:01 PM      Profile for Nic     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Didn't they book their leadership convention this past weekend?

I have no clue who they could choose to be leader. Kevin Little might be a good choice if they want to differentiate themselves from the Tories and kill the NDP.

From: Incheon, Korea | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Charles
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 200

posted 25 April 2001 10:09 PM      Profile for Charles   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They did book it for next year. You're right, Kevin Little would be disasterous for the NDP. I doubt they'd elect him though. If Dave Dingwall runs I wouldn't be surprised to see him win. Him for Don Downe, either a pretty good thing for us.
Gayle
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 37

posted 26 April 2001 10:17 AM      Profile for Gayle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm fairly certain Dave Dingwall has little support in Cape Breton (although I've been known to be wrong). Among other things, he's responsible for a big ol' rock wall in front of UCCB, blocking the view of oncoming highway traffic and making you stick your nose onto the highway to see if anything's coming, and backing up frantically when there is. We call it the Ding Wall.

Er. Not that I know what I'm talking about.

From: Cape Breton, Nova Scotia | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Charles
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 200

posted 04 May 2001 12:14 AM      Profile for Charles   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Dave Dingwall took himself out of the running for the Liberal leadership in Nova Scotia. My official prediction is the next Liberal leader will be lawyer Danny Graham who my best friend articled with and says he's a pretty nice guy and he's got a lot of charisma goin' on. Sad thing is, he's a neighbor of mine and if elected leader would likely run in my riding of Halifax Citadel which would complicate things for us here in a seat I was very hopeful for next time around. Other likely candidates: MLA Don Downe, lawyer Dennis James, MLA Michel Samson (little creep from hell) and 33 year old distillery owner Lauchie MacLean. Thrilling bunch indeed.

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca