FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » rabble podcast network   » FierceLight

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: FierceLight
audra trower williams
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2

posted 16 October 2005 04:16 PM      Profile for audra trower williams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
An exploration of Spiritual Activism in a time of global crisis: merging the depth of spirit with the power of action. Join award winning media artist Velcrow Ripper and a cast of visionaries on a journey to the frontlines of compassion in action.
From: And I'm a look you in the eye for every bar of the chorus | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
audra trower williams
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2

posted 18 October 2005 12:37 PM      Profile for audra trower williams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Fiercelight.
From: And I'm a look you in the eye for every bar of the chorus | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
velcrow
recent-rabble-rouser
Babbler # 10054

posted 01 November 2005 01:07 PM      Profile for velcrow   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Hi all ...
just wanted to say I'm thrilled to be a part of the Rabble Podcast Network. It's an exciting initiative, and it's amazing to be in on the ground floor of a whole new media form. I'd love to hear your questions and comments about FierceLight.
cheers
Velcrow Ripper

From: Vancouver/Toronto Canada | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 03 November 2005 03:39 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Hi Velcrow, I'm glad you are here.

I really enjoyed the most current episode, which I listened to a few days ago on the way home from work. I'm not so much into the whole "spiritual activism" thing myself, having recently moved away from religion and embracing a much more secular world view. But I can really respect those whose religious convictions steer them towards social justice.

I really liked it when he talked about some of the religious imagery activists have used in the past to get their point across about social justice, e.g. "Let my people go" during the civil rights movement.

From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
velcrow
recent-rabble-rouser
Babbler # 10054

posted 04 November 2005 12:57 PM      Profile for velcrow   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
hi Michelle:
I'm actually with you on that - I haven't been 'religious' for 25 years. But to me, the word 'spiritual' has nothing to do with religion. That's why I talk about the 'secular sacred'. At the same time, I do respect the incredible work that religious based social activists have done over time - witness, as Van Jones mentions, the civil rights movement. It's a big discussion, and an ongoing one, which I will continue to explore in the coming episodes. For me, a spiritual activist is somebody who grounds their actions with an understanding of what they are for, as well as what they are against. Somebody who works to promote hope, rather than fear. And somebody who sees other human beings, and life on the planet as sacred.

From: Vancouver/Toronto Canada | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca

rabble home - no place like it news for the rest of us -- features, links, commentaries rabble-rousers -- by and for the community about us rubble -- search rabble archives
join the rabble columnists -- the best in the left babble -- have your say! auntie.com -- advice for activists what's up -- events across Canada in cahoots -- spotlighting our partners