FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » right brain babble   » culture   » The lost documentary

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: The lost documentary
rural - Francesca
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 14858

posted 23 February 2008 04:49 AM      Profile for rural - Francesca   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've been in 5 documentaries now. One for Animal Planet, one for the Discovery Channel, the One In Six that was just released this week and then 2 independent productions.

Of the 2 independants I never heard what happened to the films, but this morning, out of sheer boredom (and a need to see what is out there that could implicate me in years to come) I searched You tube for "Wiarton" and found one of the lost documentaries.

For 5 years I had the strangest job. As the Tourism Co-ordinator of The Town of South Bruce Peninsula, I was the staff that was assigned to the organizing committee of the Wiarton Willie Festival.

And this is one story.....

The Willie Wannabes part 1/3

The Willie Wannabes part 2/3

The Willie Wannabes part 3/3

One of the Wannabes took responsibility for all the open booze in the van and was charged. I was told by the OPP that when they ran his name he was flagged as "violent when drunk".

I stand by the OPP and our decision to not turn a blind eye to the open booze at the Prediction Ceremony.

The Wannabes showed up in 2003, but only a few and behaved themselves.

[ 23 February 2008: Message edited by: rural - Francesca ]

ElizaQ
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 9355

posted 23 February 2008 05:01 AM      Profile for ElizaQ     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

Thanks, that brightened my morning just watching it.

From: Eastern Lakes | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 23 February 2008 05:08 AM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh my gosh! There you are! You look maaaahvelous, dahhhling!

And what an interesting subject for a documentary. That's fabulous!

From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
rural - Francesca
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 14858

posted 23 February 2008 05:16 AM      Profile for rural - Francesca   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ohhh the stories I could tell.

I looked pretty good! (things have gone downhill from there!)

Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 23 February 2008 05:28 AM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bah. Join the club!

I just watched parts two and three now. That's such a fun documentary! Thanks for posting it for us.

From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
rural - Francesca
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 14858

posted 23 February 2008 05:33 AM      Profile for rural - Francesca   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just wanted to help you guys realize I'm not all serious and "issues" based and I can have fun, because I come across so serious......
martin dufresne
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 11463

posted 23 February 2008 02:24 PM      Profile for martin dufresne   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mmmm... could've fooled me!
From: "Words Matter" (Mackinnon) | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
marzo
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 12096

posted 23 February 2008 03:53 PM      Profile for marzo     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Willie looked uncomfortable in that cage. He/she should have some soft material like straw, paper or cloth.
Willie needs a raise.

clersal
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 370

posted 23 February 2008 04:18 PM      Profile for clersal     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Willie needs a raise.

Hah! Willie is a liar and I think I could make soup with him.

From: Canton Marchand, Québec | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
rural - Francesca
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 14858

posted 24 February 2008 03:33 AM      Profile for rural - Francesca   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
actually you could, as a herbivore, groundhogs can be eaten, in fact, shhhhh I've eaten groundhog!

It's a very coarse meat, it was ground (ha ha) and used in cabbage rolls

M.Gregus
babble intern
Babbler # 13402

posted 24 February 2008 09:13 AM      Profile for M.Gregus     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ground groundhog?!

Great look behind the scenes at Wiarton Wille's big event - I've watched part I so far.

From: capital region | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca