FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » right brain babble   » culture   » If You Could Read My MInd

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: If You Could Read My MInd
Makwa
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 10724

posted 14 January 2008 04:53 PM      Profile for Makwa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

From: Here at the glass - all the usual problems, the habitual farce | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Makwa
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 10724

posted 14 January 2008 04:54 PM      Profile for Makwa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

From: Here at the glass - all the usual problems, the habitual farce | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
bigcitygal
Volunteer Moderator
Babbler # 8938

posted 14 January 2008 05:01 PM      Profile for bigcitygal     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Makwa, whoa, is this some kind of ancient Canadiana tribute thread?

Re. the Handsome Ned clip: Dolly Parton once said "The higher the hair, the closer to god."

I have no idea why I know that.

From: It's difficult to work in a group when you're omnipotent - Q | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Makwa
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 10724

posted 14 January 2008 05:22 PM      Profile for Makwa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bigcitygal:
Makwa, whoa, is this some kind of ancient Canadiana tribute thread?
Donno. Canadiana for sure. Just making some kind of psychic connection between Yorkville of the 70s and Queen West of the 80s. Now if I could find a clip of the BarfPuppies or BunchaFuckingGoofs I could tie in Bloor West and Kensington Market. Please carry on. Feeling a bit countryfolkish, maybe need punk or industrial for an antidote given the lack of prog rawk other than FM or early Rush. Lets keep the thread canajan p'raps.

bigcitygal
Volunteer Moderator
Babbler # 8938

posted 14 January 2008 05:36 PM      Profile for bigcitygal     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I love old Blue Rodeo, but they aren't from Toronto, are they?
From: It's difficult to work in a group when you're omnipotent - Q | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Coyote
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4881

posted 14 January 2008 05:47 PM      Profile for Coyote   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sigh. I tried to do it the cool way and failed. Nevertheless, I thought I'd throw a little wrench in right from the start.

Les blues du businessman,

[ 14 January 2008: Message edited by: Coyote ]

From: O’ for a good life, we just might have to weaken. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
pogge
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2440

posted 14 January 2008 08:08 PM      Profile for pogge   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

From: Why is this a required field? | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
pogge
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2440

posted 14 January 2008 08:08 PM      Profile for pogge   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That's Harpdog Brown and the Bloodhounds out of Edmonton.
Boarsbreath
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 9831

posted 15 January 2008 07:43 PM      Profile for Boarsbreath   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Man, I don't see the images that I guess are supposed to be there -- that are there, for y'all -- but the name BunchaFuckingGoofs and the reference to Les Blues du businessman sure rock me back...Montreal in the 70s, the distant echoes of scenes in T.O....and the blessed Blue Rodeo are surely from the GTA if not the Town itself?
From: South Seas, ex Montreal | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
pogge
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2440

posted 07 March 2008 04:44 PM      Profile for pogge   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca