babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » right brain babble   » culture   » Gay stamp collecting? Who knew?!

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Gay stamp collecting? Who knew?!
Hephaestion
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4795

posted 18 February 2006 07:19 AM      Profile for Hephaestion   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

It's not too late to lick Freddy Mercury's backside!

quote:
Paul Hennefield may be sporting a rather unusual haircut, but the co-founder of the Gay and Lesbian History on Stamps Club is also bringing a truly amazing gay and lesbian philatelic collection to the Web. I mean just look at these Freddie Mercury stamps from Turkmenistan, for example. Paul's Gay Stamps run the gamut from Greek Mythology to Modern Times and given the LGBT context Hennefield's made an ordinarily benign subject into something very interesting.

[ 18 February 2006: Message edited by: Hephaestion ]

From: goodbye... :-( | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
RP.
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7424

posted 18 February 2006 09:38 AM      Profile for RP.     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
/barely restraining self from making "philatelist" joke
From: I seem to be having tremendous difficulty with my lifestyle | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 18 February 2006 09:52 AM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't see that story at your link, Heph. Did you post the permalink, or just the main page link?
From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Hephaestion
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4795

posted 18 February 2006 10:00 AM      Profile for Hephaestion   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Michelle: It's *on* the main page, under "site of the day"...
From: goodbye... :-( | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 18 February 2006 10:06 AM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh, oh! I'm sorry, I see it now. I was looking at the main blog entries.
From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
RP.
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7424

posted 18 February 2006 10:56 AM      Profile for RP.     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What an amazing collection. And who knew that Alexander Hamilton was gay?
From: I seem to be having tremendous difficulty with my lifestyle | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
'lance
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1064

posted 18 February 2006 01:13 PM      Profile for 'lance     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Being closeted, he sublimated his sexual energy into pistol practice. Not quite enough, unfortunately for him.
From: that enchanted place on the top of the Forest | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Yst
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 9749

posted 18 February 2006 01:24 PM      Profile for Yst     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If gaymers, then why not homophilatelists, I suppose. Nerd culture and queer culture want for such improbable collisions.
From: State of Genderfuck | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca