babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

Topic Closed  Topic Closed

FAQ | Forum Home

This topic has been transferred to this forum: the media.  
next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » right brain babble   » culture   » Spike TV

Author Topic: Spike TV
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 03 April 2004 12:46 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
So I'm at my mom's place right now, and my uncle is renting a room from her. As a result, my mother and I have discovered Spike TV. Has anyone seen this channel? It's supposed to be a men's television station.

Well, this channel is the source of all sorts of hilarity in the house because it's so amazingly stereotypical. The commercials - oh man, we won't get into that. And the shows! Right now, my uncle is watching a motorbike show, with background metal music, and a host nammed "Gunner".

I love this station. I can't quite believe it, but it has me in stitches, although not on purpose. There's more testosterone on this channel than at a monster truck rally.

From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 03 April 2004 12:49 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Ack! This was supposed to go in the "media" forum. So I'm moving it there now.

Silly me. Arts and culture. What was I thinking!?

From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca