babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

Topic Closed  Topic Closed

FAQ | Forum Home

This topic has been transferred to this forum: ideas, etc ....  
next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » right brain babble   » culture   » The Corporation

Author Topic: The Corporation
Giiba
recent-rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2782

posted 28 March 2004 05:22 AM      Profile for Giiba   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post
Now I am sure that this movie has been thoroughly discussed here already.

Today was a very odd day for me. I began my day by not writing my paper for class instead choosing to catch up on the news at the ever curious spin of perpetual geeks at [ http:www.slashdot.org ] . there was a link to this story by a lady who rides through the destruction of chernobyl:

http://www.angelfire.com/extreme4/kiddofspeed/

As the credits rolled, I thought of all of the talk of democratizing corporations. A case can be easily made that democracy is a failed experiment. However the above story struck in my mind as an example that giving the means of production to the government is all but proven to be just as bad. It would seem that the solution lies with a completely new system, as dramatic as the one that lept up in the 1400-1500's. Can it be done?? And what might it look like??

[ 28 March 2004: Message edited by: Giiba ]

From: somewhere cold | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 28 March 2004 08:12 AM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Yes, in fact, The Corporation has been discussed in this thread, also called The Corporation.

But it looks like you are wanting to have a discussion about new political systems rather than specifically discuss the movie, The Corporation - maybe this would be better off in the Politics forum?

From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Giiba
recent-rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2782

posted 28 March 2004 02:56 PM      Profile for Giiba   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post
Perhaps this is not the ideal place for this but I would argue that this is not about politics. Politics is just part of the system; and the problem is not what can Jack Layton do? or what can Paul Martin do? the question is far bigger than that. The problem was there is no 'general' forum.
From: somewhere cold | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Performance Anxiety
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3474

posted 29 March 2004 12:47 AM      Profile for Performance Anxiety        Edit/Delete Post
I just read the book upon which the movie is based - it is excellent.
From: Outside of the box | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 29 March 2004 07:03 AM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Perhaps the "Ideas" forum then.
From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca