FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » right brain babble   » culture   » His Kilt's All Shook Up

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: His Kilt's All Shook Up
Willowdale Wizard
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3674

posted 23 March 2004 05:25 AM      Profile for Willowdale Wizard   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
She touched my hand what a chill I got
Her lips are like a vulcano that’s hot
I’m proud to say she’s my buttercup
I’m Scottish
I’m all shook up

bbc news

quote:
"I was able to trace his family tree - and when it got back to Lonmay it was like striking gold," he said. Most of the Presleys living in Scotland during the 18th and 19th centuries could be found in Aberdeenshire. His as yet unpublished book, The Presley Prophecy, covers the adventures of Andrew Presley during the Jacobite rebellion.

From: england (hometown of toronto) | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
skdadl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 478

posted 23 March 2004 10:28 AM      Profile for skdadl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Och, aye, eh? Far out.

Actually, tourists -- ok, pilgrims -- are going to find that Lonmay is indeed far out, up there in the northeast corner of Aberdeenshire. I'm sure it's charming though, if often cold, wet, etc.

About this:

quote:
His as yet unpublished book, The Presley Prophecy, covers the adventures of Andrew Presley during the Jacobite rebellion.

So: which side was he on? Lots of rebels up in that territory, which is not far from Culloden. But then so many were so divided in their loyalties everywhere ...

beverly
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5064

posted 23 March 2004 05:40 PM      Profile for beverly     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Elvis in a KILT! Too bad there isn't a smilie holding its nose with ewwwwwwwwwwwww under it. I'll use this instead.

Elvis is too yucky, sorry.

From: In my Apartment!!!! | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Anchoress
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4650

posted 23 March 2004 06:09 PM      Profile for Anchoress     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
lol 'vulcano'? Funny typo. Sounds like a gimmicky cereal endorsed by Mr Spock... 'When I'm not fasting, I eat 'Vulcan-O's. ALL BY MYSELF. BECAUSE I LIKE IT THAT WAY. NO WAIT, I DON'T LIKE IT, I DON'T CARE. NO WAIT...'
From: Vancouver babblers' meetup July 9 @ Cafe Deux Soleil! | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
verbatim
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 569

posted 23 March 2004 06:23 PM      Profile for verbatim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
LOL!
From: The People's Republic of Cook Street | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca