babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » right brain babble   » culture   » French Film IRREVERSIBLE - anybody seen it? What did you think?

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: French Film IRREVERSIBLE - anybody seen it? What did you think?
Anchoress
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4650

posted 23 March 2004 03:21 AM      Profile for Anchoress     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The critically praised Irreversible, often described as part of the current wave of French "shock cinema," is facing the possibility of being shut down in Australia following protests by family- and religious-activist groups, who object to a nine-minute rape scene.

I just read this snippet today, although the movie came out in 2002 and apparently was screened at the VIFF. I checked the 'net for reviews and comments, which were unsurprisingly all over the map, and I wondered if anyone on the board has seen it? Maybe there was even a thread on the movie when it came out?

For those of you who have seen the movie, do you have an opinion of the Australian ban?

From: Vancouver babblers' meetup July 9 @ Cafe Deux Soleil! | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca