babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » rabble content   » babble book lounge   » Wasase by Taiaiake Alfred

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Wasase by Taiaiake Alfred
Le Téléspectateur
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7126

posted 27 November 2006 12:15 PM      Profile for Le Téléspectateur     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Has anyone read this book? Im reading it right now and am interested in what people think of it.

If you dont know the book it is by Taiaiake Alfred who is a Rotinoshoni (Mohawk) from Kanawake. He is one of two profs who run the Indigenous Governance program at UVic.

The book deals with radical decolonization movements by indigenous people in this part of the world. Alfed offers an anarcho-indigenism analysis of indigenous nations and their relationships with the Canadian (and to some extent the US) State.

From: More here than there | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
pencil-skirt
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4612

posted 29 November 2006 10:19 AM      Profile for pencil-skirt     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He has an awesome website. See the site. And he actually has a rather wry sense of humour too - check out Dear Abbyriginal and Ask the Indian.
Le Téléspectateur
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7126

posted 29 November 2006 02:24 PM      Profile for Le Téléspectateur     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah I've been on his site. I killed myself laughing the first time I read Abbyriginal and Ask the Indian!
From: More here than there | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca