FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » rabble content   » babble book lounge   » Lord and Lady Black

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Lord and Lady Black
Sharon
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4090

posted 02 November 2006 12:43 PM      Profile for Sharon     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I suspect many babblers are interested in Conrad and Barbara. I haven't seen a thread on the new biography about them which is being excerpted in the Sunday Times (London). Here are two parts:

Conrad the Barbarian

quote:
She employed 17 butlers and installed a $250,000 lavatory in their private jet. But, says Tom Bower, Barbara Amiel neglected to check if her new husband Conrad Black actually had all the money she was spending.

The fast lady

From: Halifax, Nova Scotia | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
jester
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 11798

posted 02 November 2006 01:00 PM      Profile for jester        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Lord Conrad, (isn't his peerage a rural railway station?) and the delightful Lady Morticia give new meaning to the term "schadenfreude".
From: Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Fidel
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5594

posted 02 November 2006 04:49 PM      Profile for Fidel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
She's got a rare blood disorder and condemns our failing Liberal Party version of socialized medicine for not covering the cost of her transfusions. I think it's that they refuse to pay for her silk-lined coffin with air conditioning, surround sound and bucket of soil from Carpathian mountains, or something like that.

[ 02 November 2006: Message edited by: Fidel ]

From: Viva La Revolución | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
jester
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 11798

posted 02 November 2006 09:04 PM      Profile for jester        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Barking mad,the both of 'em.

The Times must have a serious woody on for his lordship because they print some rather salacious material that is in legal dispute.Seems as if his lordship was not making nice to the Times whilst the proprietor of the telegraph.

From: Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ken Burch
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 8346

posted 03 November 2006 02:53 PM      Profile for Ken Burch     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A $250,000 lavatory in a PLANE?

My God, does the woman pass diamonds?

From: A seedy truckstop on the Information Superhighway | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
mayakovsky
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5171

posted 03 November 2006 09:07 PM      Profile for mayakovsky     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Watch out for that litigation Ken! Kinda reminds me of an Orson Welles movie the title fails me now.....
jester
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 11798

posted 04 November 2006 10:15 AM      Profile for jester        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
From a print article refering to the couple as"Mr. Money and Atilla the Honey",Conrad's bluster and threats to litigate are discounted because Tom Bower,the author of a number of celebrity expose's has never been successfully sued.

The book's publisher is similarly unimpressed with Conrad's threats even with the salacious,unflattering commentary directed at the couple.

Fidel
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5594

posted 04 November 2006 11:50 PM      Profile for Fidel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"Mr Money & Attila the Honey" pfffffff! That's even funnier than Lord Crossup and Crossover and Barbara de la Miel. ha!
From: Viva La Revolución | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
jester
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 11798

posted 05 November 2006 04:43 PM      Profile for jester        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Conrad and the Missing Millions
Doug
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 44

posted 06 November 2006 03:36 PM      Profile for Doug   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Burch:
A $250,000 lavatory in a PLANE?

My God, does the woman pass diamonds?

If she could, Lord Black wouldn't have so many problems.

From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca