babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » rabble content   » babble book lounge   » Illustrations for Kill the Robot Review

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Illustrations for Kill the Robot Review
boyreporter
recent-rabble-rouser
Babbler # 11104

posted 27 January 2006 03:05 PM      Profile for boyreporter   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow! They're great and quite enlightening. Also tying the Victorians to Maggie's post-apocalyptic, cold war inspired book leads to some very interesting parallels.
Babbling_Jenn
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 10944

posted 01 February 2006 12:47 PM      Profile for Babbling_Jenn     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't understand the graphic in the review. Perhaps someone could enlighten me?

I'm really looking forward to reading the book (it's currently sitting in the middle of a huge stack I splurged on during Christmas), but as of yet I haven't encountered a review that's given me a feel for the issues expressed.

I think the pictoral review is a neat idea, but I didn't get it. I would have liked a little more explanation in words.

From: Rural Ontario | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Catchfire
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4019

posted 01 February 2006 02:00 PM      Profile for Catchfire   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is a weird opening post, but I think that boyreporter is referring to babble book reviewer Kristily Green's illustrative review of Maggie MacDonald's new novel Kill The Robot which has recently been reviewed by rabble.

Ms. MacDonald is part of the awesome band Hidden Cameras and also ran for the NDP in 1997 in Cornwall. Her book, Kill The Robot, is great.

For a more traditional review go here

[ 01 February 2006: Message edited by: Catchfire ]

From: On the heather | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
HalfAnHourLater
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4641

posted 01 February 2006 02:28 PM      Profile for HalfAnHourLater     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Way to go Maggie!

Great Reviews!

From: So-so-so-solidarité! | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca