FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » rabble content   » babble book lounge   » bookcrossing

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: bookcrossing
Abbynormal92243
recent-rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6797

posted 11 November 2005 07:14 PM      Profile for Abbynormal92243   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm an enthusiastic member of this movement (making the world a library)--anyone else in here doing it?

for the curious: http://bookcrossing.com/mybookshelf/abbynormal92243

I've been a member for over a year, and find huge satisfaction in giving away books. people always wonder if there are strings attached, and there aren't. It's amazing. If you love books, and are always giving books away, check it out. Be warned: it's addictive.

From: California, USA | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Contrarian
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6477

posted 11 November 2005 08:52 PM      Profile for Contrarian     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Interesting idea. Much like banding birds and finding out where they are migrating.

My mother's senior's housing has lots of bookshelves in the public areas where they can just leave books for anyone to pick up.

From: pretty far west | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
nonsuch
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1402

posted 12 November 2005 07:40 PM      Profile for nonsuch     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
One of our local libraries has a bin in the portico, where anyone can drop off or pick up (mostly) paperbacks.
From: coming and going | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Reverend Blair
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6377

posted 13 November 2005 10:39 AM      Profile for Reverend Blair   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
When I travelled a lot I used to make a point of leaving books where they were likely to get picked up. Now I give them to friends or family or whatever charity phones looking for used stuff.

The problem with that is that family and friends tend to give me books too...often the same ones I gave them.

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca