babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

Topic Closed  Topic Closed

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » rabble content   » babble book lounge   » Please suggest a book on rise of nazi power

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Please suggest a book on rise of nazi power
WackAVole
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 8561

posted 04 May 2005 07:34 PM      Profile for WackAVole   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
The subject says it all. I hope, I'm posting in the appropriate group.

I'm interesting in learning about the fall or conversion of democracies into totalitarianism. I thought about picking up "The Senate of the Roman Republic" by Robert Byrd but maybe a more recent history would be more relevant.

I'm also interesting in studies on uprisings, rebellions, and the impetus' towards them.

Also, where is the line between terrorist attack, to insurgent attack, to rebel attacks, to all out civil war. Maybe it is not a spectrum. I'd like to know.

Is there a pattern of key events towards totalitarianism and internal resistence to it?

Any book recommendations on the subject?

Thank you.

WackAVole
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 8561

posted 04 May 2005 07:35 PM      Profile for WackAVole   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry. I didn't read the topic properly. My apologies.

Please disregard.

Mr. Magoo
guilty-pleasure
Babbler # 3469

posted 04 May 2005 09:05 PM      Profile for Mr. Magoo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Here, I'll help you out:

Have you read Ten Thousand Roses?

From: ø¤°`°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°°¤ø, | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
al-Qa'bong
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3807

posted 05 May 2005 02:43 AM      Profile for al-Qa'bong   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Isn't that the one about the rise of Feminaziism?
From: Saskatchistan | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca