babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » rabble content   » babble book lounge   » 03/31/2005: "Cyberfeminism"

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: 03/31/2005: "Cyberfeminism"
audra trower williams
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2

posted 09 April 2005 03:09 PM      Profile for audra trower williams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Carolyn Guertin posted about cyberfeminism.

I am well aware of cyberfeminism and the activism of women on the net. Starting with Par-l,which is a great feminist resource and has been for years thanks to moderator Wendy Robbins, who was ahead of her time when she started it. Carolyn tells us about other feminist web presences. There is a great french site Cybersolidaire and lots of others. But as much as I think the web is critical for organizing, I don't think many websites make a movement. Talking to each other on the web is great but we don't reach beyond ourselves and it's tough to have any influence on public policy.

Full entry here.

What do y'all think?

[ 09 April 2005: Message edited by: audra trower williams ]

From: And I'm a look you in the eye for every bar of the chorus | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca