babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » walking the talk   » anti-racism news and initiatives   » Jay Smooth on racism

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Jay Smooth on racism
bigcitygal
Volunteer Moderator
Babbler # 8938

posted 07 August 2008 04:41 AM      Profile for bigcitygal     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Jay Smooth on "How to Tell People They Sound Racist."

He's smart, succinct, funny and works well with the camera.

Jay Smooth

We've had this discussion several times on babble, the difference between "That thing you said is racist" and "You are racist for saying that thing". My experience has been that people react somewhat the same to either accusation. IRL, I've had better luck with the "That thing you said" line, if only because I'm able to go on a bit more after saying it to diffuse the defensiveness that often follows.

Jay Smooth's site: illdoctrine.com

From: It's difficult to work in a group when you're omnipotent - Q | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Stargazer
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6061

posted 07 August 2008 04:50 AM      Profile for Stargazer     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That was perfect!! Is it wrong to think Jay Smooth is incredibly hot?

That video rocked. Thanks for the link BCG!

From: Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist. | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Agent 204
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4668

posted 07 August 2008 05:07 AM      Profile for Agent 204   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Damn. He is good. And I like the distinction he makes between "what they did" and "what they are".
From: home of the Guess Who | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca