babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » walking the talk   » anti-racism news and initiatives   » Indecently Exposed

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Indecently Exposed
Vansterdam Kid
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5474

posted 24 January 2005 07:54 PM      Profile for Vansterdam Kid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
On CBC at 9pm (main station) today there will be a show called 'Indecently Exposed' where "22 Canadians confront their attitudes towards racism in an internationally acclaimed workshop". Anyways I thought it sounds intresting. It will be repeating on CBC Newsworld on Wednesday the 26th at 10pm et/pt,
since it's CBC Newsworld I'm sure they'll show it a few more times too since they like to repeat things.

Here's the link.

Negad
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7863

posted 24 January 2005 08:03 PM      Profile for Negad   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here is a bit of back ground on the workshop educator and her phelosophy:
http://www.horizonmag.com/4/jane-elliott.asp

faith
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4348

posted 24 January 2005 08:18 PM      Profile for faith     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I watched a televised special where she conducted her workshop in the US. The show switched back and forth between interviewing her and the participants individually and filming the workshop. I have to say that it was excellent - you can't help but ask yourself how you would fare in the same workshop. Watching people deny and confront their racism was painful,educational, uplifting and depressing all at once. Some of the participants did not handle the whole experience well.
It would be great to watch a special like that on sexism.

Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 24 January 2005 08:26 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the heads up, VK. I will watch it tonight. I've been meaning to watch CBC tonight anyhow, because I haven't seen Monday Report in a while, and they played a clip of it on the radio today that made me want to watch tonight. So I'll just leave the TV on for the next show too.
From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
catje
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7841

posted 25 January 2005 12:41 AM      Profile for catje     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey y'all
caught the interview on Sounds Like Canada this morning but I don't have a tv. How was the doc?

Contrarian
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6477

posted 25 January 2005 01:11 AM      Profile for Contrarian     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A good show; very uncomfortable.
From: pretty far west | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Vansterdam Kid
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5474

posted 25 January 2005 03:24 AM      Profile for Vansterdam Kid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I thought it was a bit strange that she kept saying Indians. As someone who is supposed to be battling such things I would assume she wouldn't use that term in a general discriptive.

It was quite intresting though.

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca