babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » USA   » Will the other criminals please stand up?

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Will the other criminals please stand up?
skeptikool
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 11389

posted 19 January 2006 12:43 PM      Profile for skeptikool        Edit/Delete Post
While a U.S. couple is awarded, between them, 20 years incarceration for attempting a food scam with a severed finger, the world's most dangerous "terrorist" runs free. I refer, of course, to President G.W. Bush - not as Maclean's magazine would have us believe, "the nuke-happy, Jew-hating lunatic President of Iran" Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

I have little doubt that had Stephen Harper been PM when Bush delivered his Shock and Awe to Iraq that the attacking sorties would have included Canadian aircraft followed by our ground forces as part of the Coalition.

Is this alright as long can get cheaper eggs, milk and gasoline across the border and not be hassled on our beef and lumber? The very idea of consorting with any war criminal to win such benefits provokes revulsion.

I doubt that Paul Martin would have had the strength to resist U.S. pressures, had he been PM at the time. Something to think about as we mark our ballots on the 23rd.

[ 19 January 2006: Message edited by: skeptikool ]

fern hill
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3582

posted 19 January 2006 01:20 PM      Profile for fern hill        Edit/Delete Post
I heard these sentences this morning on the news and thought of Dr. Strangelove. A character is trying to get change out of the Coke machine and somebody says: 'You DON'T want to mess with the Coca-Cola company.'

Bizarre country.

skeptikool
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 11389

posted 19 January 2006 10:38 PM      Profile for skeptikool        Edit/Delete Post
To be factual, the magazine referred to the "scariest" man on earth (that, to me, would certainly take in terrorists)

Certainly NOT an ACTIVE thread.

Bizarre country!

Fidel
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5594

posted 20 January 2006 04:11 AM      Profile for Fidel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by fern hill:
I heard these sentences this morning on the news and thought of Dr. Strangelove. A character is trying to get change out of the Coke machine and somebody says: 'You DON'T want to mess with the Coca-Cola company.'

Ya, Col. "Bat" Guano had just informed Mandrake that the Coke machine was private property, and that if he wasn't able to get thru to president Merkin Muffley, then he'd have to anwser to the president of Coca Cola.

ha ha

[ 20 January 2006: Message edited by: Fidel ]

From: Viva La Revolución | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
skeptikool
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 11389

posted 20 January 2006 11:08 PM      Profile for skeptikool        Edit/Delete Post
"I know we live beside a nation led by, in the opinion of some, a demented person - and mass killer to boot. But what has that to do with our choosing our government?"

The strange silence continued.

thwap
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5062

posted 20 January 2006 11:17 PM      Profile for thwap        Edit/Delete Post
harper and martian are both sell-outs, though harper is actually enthusiastic about it.

what is it you wanted to hear exactly?

skeptikool
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 11389

posted 21 January 2006 12:00 AM      Profile for skeptikool        Edit/Delete Post
thwap wrote:

"harper and martian are both sell-outs, though harper is actually enthusiastic about it.
what is it you wanted to hear exactly?"

Living next to a dangerous idiot who should be standing before the International Criminal Court, and one whom our government may soon be cozying up with,...er...a little discussion, perhaps?

thwap
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5062

posted 21 January 2006 08:41 AM      Profile for thwap        Edit/Delete Post
I've not been babbling as much as I used to. We have discussed Harper's and Martin's cozying up to the insane bush II regime at other times and places.

While it's a valid topic, it just appears that this thread just hasn't gotten picked up for any number of reasons. Sometimes it happens. On a topic like this one, that can be frustrating.

Look around the board though, you'll see babble isn't unaware of the problem and its significance.

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca