FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » USA   » Cheney taken to hospital

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Cheney taken to hospital
Clog-boy
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 11061

posted 09 January 2006 08:21 AM      Profile for Clog-boy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Cheney taken to hospital

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Vice President Dick Cheney was taken to a Washington hospital early on Monday, suffering from shortness of breath, according to a statement from the vice president's office.

The vice president, who has had four heart attacks, was taken to George Washington University Hospital around 3 a.m. (0800 GMT) and was expected to return home later today, the statement said.

Last week, Cheney was walking with the help of a cane. A spokeswoman would not give specifics about the vice president's ailing left foot but said it was a recurrence of a condition that was being treated with rest and anti-inflammatory medication.

quote:
The vice president, who has had four heart attacks, was taken to George Washington University Hospital around 3 a.m.

Thought the expression was "Third time is a charm", eh...? (Sorry, couldn't resist...)

From: Arnhem, The Netherlands | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
fern hill
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3582

posted 09 January 2006 08:42 AM      Profile for fern hill        Edit/Delete Post
I'm at my sweetie's place. He has Yahoo! as his home page. I clicked on this story and it came up with the headline 'Cheney Hospitalized -Yahoo! [News]'.
Clog-boy
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 11061

posted 09 January 2006 08:44 AM      Profile for Clog-boy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
*snerk*
Reality. Bites.
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6718

posted 09 January 2006 09:01 AM      Profile for Reality. Bites.        Edit/Delete Post
Look, I like a joke as well as the next guy, but what both of you are ignoring is that if anything happens to Cheney, George Bush will be president!
From: Gone for good | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Clog-boy
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 11061

posted 09 January 2006 09:03 AM      Profile for Clog-boy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Erhm, will be..? No offence, dude, but isn't that ignorant git already president..?

*sound of a coin falling in a slot*

Oooh, now I get it...!

[ETA: Definetly suffering from binge-fatigue..]

[ 09 January 2006: Message edited by: Clog-boy ]

Yst
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 9749

posted 09 January 2006 09:20 AM      Profile for Yst     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post

From: State of Genderfuck | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
No Yards
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4169

posted 09 January 2006 09:31 AM      Profile for No Yards   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Bah ... "shortness of breath", the fools were probably checking by putting a mirror under his nose ... they should have used a full length mirror, then they could have hospitalized the undead prick for "shortness of reflection as well."
From: Defending traditional marriage since June 28, 2005 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Briguy
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1885

posted 09 January 2006 01:16 PM      Profile for Briguy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Overheard at the hospital:

"He'll be good as new once we remove that piece of wood from his heart."

From: No one is arguing that we should run the space program based on Physics 101. | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
anne cameron
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 8045

posted 09 January 2006 03:11 PM      Profile for anne cameron     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Cat Scan Tech "well, I don't know, I can see the stake clearly enough but...where's this gomer's heart?"
From: tahsis, british columbia | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Reality. Bites.
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6718

posted 09 January 2006 03:11 PM      Profile for Reality. Bites.        Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Briguy:
"He'll be good as new once we remove that piece of wood from his heart."

Reminds me of a conversation between a friend and her husband:

Friend: If my mother heard you say that she'd be rolling over in her grave.

Husband: Not with that stake through her heart, she wouldn't be!

My friend's nickname for her mother was "Hitlerina."

From: Gone for good | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Rufus Polson
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3308

posted 09 January 2006 03:12 PM      Profile for Rufus Polson     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
So, is this one God too? Or is that just Sharon?
From: Caithnard College | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Clog-boy
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 11061

posted 09 January 2006 04:40 PM      Profile for Clog-boy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rufus Polson:
So, is this one God too? Or is that just Sharon?

Naw, I think God wouldn't even wanna touch that Dick with a 20ft pole. I think we have to look upon this as a failed attempt of Satan to recall one of his minions...

ronb
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2116

posted 09 January 2006 04:54 PM      Profile for ronb     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Clearly the Lord of the Flies isn't all that enthusiastic about spending eternity with his acolyte either, judging by his half-hearted attempts to bring him home.
remind
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6289

posted 09 January 2006 08:21 PM      Profile for remind     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by ronb:
Clearly the Lord of the Flies isn't all that enthusiastic about spending eternity with his acolyte either, judging by his half-hearted attempts to bring him home.

Well someone should ask him whats up with that, can't take the heat or what?

From: "watching the tide roll away" | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca