FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » USA   » U.S. Military Wants to Own the Weather

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: U.S. Military Wants to Own the Weather
a lonely worker
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 9893

posted 01 November 2005 03:39 AM      Profile for a lonely worker     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Uncle Sam's answer to global warming:

U.S. Military Wants to Own the Weather

quote:
The one-two hurricane punch from Katrina and Wilma along with predictions of more severe weather in the future has scientists pondering ways to save lives, protect property and possibly even control the weather.

While efforts to tame storms have so far been clouded by failure, some researchers aren’t willing to give up the fight. And even if changing the weather proves overly challenging, residents and disaster officials can do a better job planning and reacting.

In fact, military officials and weather modification experts could be on the verge of joining forces to better gauge, react to, and possibly nullify future hostile forces churned out by Mother Nature.

While some consider the idea farfetched, some military tacticians have already pondered ways to turn weather into a weapon.

And my favourite:

quote:
What would a military strategist gain in having an "on-switch" to the weather?

Clearly, it offers the ability to degrade the effectiveness of enemy forces. That could come from flooding an opponent’s encampment or airfield to generating downright downpours that disrupt enemy troop comfort levels. On the flipside, sparking a drought that cuts off fresh water can stir up morale problems for warfighting foes

Rumsfeld must be wetting his pants!

From: Anywhere that annoys neo-lib tools | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
ShyViolet
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6611

posted 01 November 2005 03:50 AM      Profile for ShyViolet     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
At the risk of being nasty, I don't think he'd be wetting his pants... I'd say he'd be creaming his jeans.

But really, I find the idea of controlling the weather ridiculous. I mean, how could you even begin to attempt that??!

From: ~Love is like pi: natural, irrational, and very important~ | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
West Coast Tiger
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 10186

posted 01 November 2005 07:01 AM      Profile for West Coast Tiger     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
ahhh... yes. I've often wondered if we've progressed into the science of control over the weather. This goes right along with this theory:

quote:
It all starts with a man named Nikola Tesla, a brilliant and somewhat eccentric electrical engineer who was a contemporary (and something of a rival) of renowned inventor Thomas Edison. Among his many accomplishments, Tesla mastered the use of alternating current for use in running electrical appliances. His technology is still used today by our local power companies to provide electricity to our homes and businesses.

Tesla was an undisputed genius, but he was also quite eccentric, especially in his later years. He claimed to have made a number of fantastic discoveries in his cutting-edge research in the field of electrical power. He believed he could develop a generator that could transmit power for free, through the airwaves, to every person on earth. He said that he had received and recorded messages from outer space. And he also claimed that he could generate earthquakes and control various weather phenomena by manipulating electricity in the earth's atmosphere.

It is this last claim that brings us back to the field of modern day conspiracy theory. Some people believe that the Russians, and possibly the Americans, seized Tesla's research on "weather modification" following his death and that one or both of these governments is creating and/or manipulating the hurricanes, tsunamis and other natural disasters that seem to be battering the earth with increasing regularity.

One U.S. project that is looked on with deep suspicion by the weather control crowd is the High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program (HAARP) in Gakona, Alaska. The government-run Web site for this project states that its goal is "to further advance our knowledge of the physical and electrical properties of the Earth's ionosphere." To those who are wary of government activities and familiar with the legends around Tesla's weather control research, this remote site with its huge array of radio antenna bouncing electrical waves around in the ionosphere seems awfully darn suspicious, and dangerous.

The News-Sentinel
Is the government controlling the weather?
By Bill Ferguson
http://tinyurl.com/ckpl3

Edited to add: I found this too:

http://tinyurl.com/3lsg7

quote:
"Others [terrorists] are engaging even in an eco-type of terrorism whereby they can alter the climate, set off earthquakes, volcanoes remotely through the use of electromagnetic waves... So there are plenty of ingenious minds out there that are at work finding ways in which they can wreak terror upon other nations...It's real, and that's the reason why we have to intensify our [counterterrorism] efforts."

Secretary of Defense William Cohen at an April 1997 counterterrorism conference sponsored by former Senator Sam Nunn.

[ 01 November 2005: Message edited by: West Coast Tiger ]

From: I never was and never will be a Conservative | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
retread
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 9957

posted 01 November 2005 12:04 PM      Profile for retread     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Controlling the weather ... sounds like a way to give some friendly companies billions of dollars to release butterflys.
Cougyr
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3336

posted 01 November 2005 12:39 PM      Profile for Cougyr     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
People have been trying to control weather since the first rain dance. There have been many attempts to seed clouds to cause rain. I think the Russians were trying some of Tesla's experiments during the Cold War.

The big problem with weather as a weapon is the same as poison gas: you never know which way the wind will blow. Your efforts just might blow back on your own troops.

From: over the mountain | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca