FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » USA   » U.S. Army Lacking Enough ‘Good Men’

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: U.S. Army Lacking Enough ‘Good Men’
Cougyr
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3336

posted 31 October 2005 11:43 PM      Profile for Cougyr     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
At a time when the Americans are suffering continuing losses and are in urgent need of a fresh source of troops, army recruitment has become a very difficult problem. With recruitment age troops increasingly unwilling to join, American enlistment targets have gone unfulfilled again and again. It is now a foregone conclusion that the annual quota will not be achieved for the first time in five or six years.
Watching America

quote:
U.S. authorities have been racking their brains contriving one device after another to persuade and attract young people to join the military.

Maybe they should go after the old guys who always seem to want war. It always seems to me that the patriots who go around calling for war should be the ones who have to fight it.

From: over the mountain | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Américain Égalitaire
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7911

posted 01 November 2005 12:09 AM      Profile for Américain Égalitaire   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
U.S. authorities have been racking their brains contriving one device after another to persuade and attract young people to join the military. U.S. army enlistment ads not only mention the traditional perks, such as "vacation with pay," “subsidized university tuition" and a "tour of the world," but now include such alluring promises as "free face-lift surgery.”

Really?! I find that. . . too bizzarre for words. How about a sex change operation?

quote:
For instance, it is stipulated that students entering officers' training school should be under the age of 30, but now the maximum age has been increased to 42.

I have 18 days to decide whether I want to re-up as an occifer. I think I'll pass. I can get my son to salute me if I'm feeling ego deprived.

From: Chardon, Ohio USA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
nister
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7709

posted 01 November 2005 12:08 PM      Profile for nister     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I've witnessed officer training; specifically, the "VanDoo's" in Valcartier. Any 42 year old that lasts a week is someone special. I wonder if older trainees will be sectioned out, and given their own regimen.
outlandist
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 10253

posted 01 November 2005 01:48 PM      Profile for outlandist        Edit/Delete Post
http://www.ngwrc.org/index.cfm?page=Article&ID=1949

Serve your country,see the world. If you are injured,too bad.

The US is already instituting a back door draft by arbitrarily extending enlistments and recalling released regular force members.This enforced service will impact future deployments especially in the NG and Reserve.

Britain is also experiencing lackluster interest in its territorial Army.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,1052498,00.html

Reality. Bites.
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6718

posted 01 November 2005 04:40 PM      Profile for Reality. Bites.        Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Américain Égalitaire:

Really?! I find that. . . too bizzarre for words. How about a sex change operation?

The Canadian Armed Forces does in fact pay for them.

From: Gone for good | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
gopi
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6163

posted 01 November 2005 05:27 PM      Profile for gopi     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
It always seems to me that the patriots who go around calling for war should be the ones who have to fight it.

They can't handle the truth.

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca