babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » USA   » Paper Apologizes for Accepting 'Cooked' WMD Evidence

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Paper Apologizes for Accepting 'Cooked' WMD Evidence
Transplant
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 9960

posted 31 October 2005 09:20 PM      Profile for Transplant     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Milwaukee Paper Apologizes for Accepting 'Cooked' WMD Evidence

Editor & Publisher - The most important newspaper in its region finally apologized to readers for accepting "cooked" evidence about WMD in Iraq that helped lead to war in 2003. No, it was not The New York Times.

In a column on Sunday, O. Ricardo Pimentel, editorial page editor at the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, wrote that, “Yes, regrettably on the matter of WMD, count us as among the many who were duped. We should have been more skeptical. For that lack of skepticism and the failure to include the proper caveats to the WMD claim, we apologize, though I would note that, ultimately, we didn't believe that the president's central WMD argument warranted war. Not then and especially not now.”

The column appeared on the same day Tim Rutten, media writer for the Los Angeles Times, urged major newspapers to own up to their role in easily accepting the WMD argument from the Bush administration. He noted that his own newspaper was among this large group.

From: Free North America | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
maestro
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7842

posted 01 November 2005 04:57 AM      Profile for maestro     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
In Canada we sure should be getting apologies from the Globe & Mail and the National Post.

They both were beating the war drum with everything they had. I remember one comment that the WMD thing was a 'no-brainer'.

Well, I guess it was, and the no-brainers at the the G&M and Post, who flogged WMD for all it was worth, have now 'moved on' with no apology necessary.

And they wonder why the press has such lousy credibility statistics.

Ken Burch
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 8346

posted 01 November 2005 07:23 AM      Profile for Ken Burch     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Still no New York Times apology for Judy Miller's entire output of the last three years.

Let alone, for ever having hired the woman.

From: A seedy truckstop on the Information Superhighway | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
West Coast Tiger
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 10186

posted 01 November 2005 08:46 AM      Profile for West Coast Tiger     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Burch:
Still no New York Times apology for Judy Miller's entire output of the last three years.

Let alone, for ever having hired the woman.

It will never happen, I bet.

From: I never was and never will be a Conservative | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
al-Qa'bong
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3807

posted 02 November 2005 02:55 AM      Profile for al-Qa'bong   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I'm still waiting for these guys to admit error and bias:

snopes.com

quote:
Mig Buried in Sand

This has been out for well over a month [since March, 2003], and I'll bet you haven't seen anything about it in the liberal news media.

No WMD’s, huh? Stand by!

My feet are getting sore.

From: Saskatchistan | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca