babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » USA   » Why Ohio?

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Why Ohio?
Captain Flynn
recent-rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7301

posted 07 November 2004 04:32 PM      Profile for Captain Flynn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
To alot of people it seemed strange that Ohio would deliver the evangelical vote to George W. Bush. It turns out in the last few years, Ohio was ground zero for the efforts of Creationists to get Biblical anti-evolution ideas into school textbooks.

See: Ohio: American Taliban Beachhead

From: Canadian Waters | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Hegemo
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5176

posted 07 November 2004 06:12 PM      Profile for The Hegemo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
The people behind the gay marriage initiative are by and large the same ones who have spent decades making Cincinnati a national embarrassment by prosecuting art galleries, etc. It was bad enough when Phil Burress was just ruining my hometown...now he's moved on to ruining my state and my country and possibly the whole world by pushing Issue 1 to turn out the evangelical vote for Bush.

Some background:

CCV and Issue 3 in Cincinnati

CCV bullying hotels over adult films

Spreading Cincinnati's Intolerance

CCV against Savage Love

From: The Persistent Vegetative States of America | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
leftcoastguy
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5232

posted 08 November 2004 01:52 AM      Profile for leftcoastguy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I read an article on election day that ballot boxes in Philidelphia were stuffed.

Why would we assume that the election was not rigged in Ohio as long before the election political strategists knew that it was going to be a very crucial, if not, with Florida, the two most crucial states?

However, as Bill Clinton stated today, it is time to end the mourning and move on.

[ 08 November 2004: Message edited by: leftcoastguy ]

NDP Newbie
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5089

posted 08 November 2004 03:15 AM      Profile for NDP Newbie     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Jerry Springer and fundie-fuckwits running the same goddamn city.

Can the spiral go down any lower?

Incidentally, can we declare people opposed to teaching proper science in schools non-citizens so that only people of suitable intelligence be allowed to vote?

[ 08 November 2004: Message edited by: NDP Newbie ]

thorin_bane
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6194

posted 08 November 2004 06:11 PM      Profile for thorin_bane     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I have had arguement with my mom on this issue she's a progressive canadian and votes NDP. But deeply religous. I don't know how I avoided the catholic trap that holds my mom, but we have all kinds of evidence to support evolution. And they tell us it is a matter of faith!!WTF but if you said science has to be taken on faith they would scoff. It remind me of that book about evolution being on trial for being taught in school. Have we regressed that much in just 4 years of BUSH that evolution is going down the memory hole??
From: Looking at the despair of Detroit from across the river! | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca