babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » first stop   » introductions and frequently asked questions   » Hi Everyone

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Hi Everyone
Dr. Whom
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 13844

posted 13 February 2007 11:13 AM      Profile for Dr. Whom     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone:

I just signed up and wanted to say hello to everyone. I've been reading the forum for a while and have found a lot of really good discussions and look forward to being a part of it.

As for me, I was born and raised in Hamilton, moved to Toronto then Palo Alto, California then back to Toronto. Work for one of the big polling firms. Happily married and looking forward to starting a family. I'm a political junkie as well as a music, book and film geek.

So, anyways...nice to meet you all. Looking forward to being a part of the community!

M. Spector
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 8273

posted 13 February 2007 11:38 AM      Profile for M. Spector   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey, Doc! welcome to babble.

BTW I hope you're not another one of those people who think that the word "who" is obsolete and so they always eschew it in favour of "whom"!

From: One millihelen: The amount of beauty required to launch one ship. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Wilf Day
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3276

posted 13 February 2007 11:39 AM      Profile for Wilf Day     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by M. Spector:
I hope you're not another one of those people who think that the word "who" is obsolete and so they always eschew it in favour of "whom"!

Are you one of them of whom he speaks?

From: Port Hope, Ontario | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Boom Boom
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7791

posted 13 February 2007 11:44 AM      Profile for Boom Boom     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ask not for whom the bell tolls.
From: Make the rich pay! | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
jeff house
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 518

posted 13 February 2007 11:47 AM      Profile for jeff house     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My theory: That name is an obvious reference to Lenin's distinction in Who/Whom?

The doctor is expecting to be whom'ed here in babble.

Alternate theory:

This is an infra dig to the "Who's down in Whoville" of Dr. Seuss fame. He hopes to spoil our Christmas.

Wilf Day
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3276

posted 13 February 2007 11:56 AM      Profile for Wilf Day     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jeff house:
This is an infra dig to the "Who's down in Whoville" of Dr. Seuss fame.

In Whoville, the plural of Who is Whos. Who's who now?

From: Port Hope, Ontario | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Dr. Whom
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 13844

posted 13 February 2007 12:01 PM      Profile for Dr. Whom     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Actually, the name is merely a reference to a little incident where someone asked me if I were "Dr. _____"? and completely mangled my last name to the point that I had no idea what he said and so I replied "Dr. who?". "Dr. WHOM," he quickly corrected me. We then agreed that that would make for a good British spy show.

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca