babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » first stop   » introductions and frequently asked questions   » Hello Folks

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Hello Folks
ocsi
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 13760

posted 19 January 2007 05:32 PM      Profile for ocsi     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is a great site!

I have been reading babble for quite a long time because it's a great alternative resource. I especially like the babble and I often wanted to respond to some of the topics but I never got around to registering.

Now that I'm registered I don't know how often I'll be able to post because I'm fairly busy at work and home.

I consider myself to be on the political left.

From: somewhere over the rainbow | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Jacob Two-Two
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2092

posted 19 January 2007 05:56 PM      Profile for Jacob Two-Two     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We'll be the judge of that! Just kidding.

Welcome to babble, ocsi. Long may you post, my friend.

quote:
Now that I'm registered I don't know how often I'll be able to post because I'm fairly busy at work and home.

Like that ever stopped anyone.

From: There is but one Gord and Moolah is his profit | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 19 January 2007 05:59 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Welcome, ocsi. Once you become addicted, your work and home won't matter anymore anyhow.

(Kidding, kidding!)

Enjoy!

From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
ocsi
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 13760

posted 19 January 2007 07:04 PM      Profile for ocsi     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
We'll be the judge of that! Just kidding.

Yeah, there's always that, eh?

From what I've read, most of the posters here seem progressive and, therefore, on the left. Hopefully, we can learn from each other. And put it into practice!

ocsi
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 13760

posted 19 January 2007 07:09 PM      Profile for ocsi     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Michelle:
Welcome, ocsi. Once you become addicted, your work and home won't matter anymore anyhow.

(Kidding, kidding!)

Enjoy!

Thanks, Michelle.

There'll be days when you'd think I do nothing but post. But then weeks will go by when I'll be quiet. I'll still try and read but I'll probably not have the time to post.... unless something really, really pisses me off.

Wilf Day
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3276

posted 19 January 2007 09:40 PM      Profile for Wilf Day     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ocsi:
Hopefully, we can learn from each other. And put it into practice!

For example, some people are discussing how to put electoral reform into practice. Glad to have another voice from southwest Ontario.

From: Port Hope, Ontario | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
lonewolf2
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 10589

posted 01 February 2007 11:41 PM      Profile for lonewolf2     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just gotta say this...

I am really sick of how many different forums are hijacked by threads on electoral reforms.

Why don't you just have one separate one for the very few (imho) people that care?

Its like you cruise to take many differnt threads off on the tangent, even here.

obscurantist
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 8238

posted 02 February 2007 03:21 PM      Profile for obscurantist     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
...threads on electoral reforms.
Well, I suppose there'll be as many such threads as there's an appetite for. So it's not really for you or me to say whether there should be another electoral reform thread.

From: an unweeded garden | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
oreobw
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 13754

posted 02 February 2007 09:42 PM      Profile for oreobw     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ocsi:
This is a great site!

I have been reading babble for quite a long time because it's a great alternative resource. I especially like the babble and I often wanted to respond to some of the topics but I never got around to registering.

I consider myself to be on the political left.

I'm a new member (from a couple of weeks ago) and this post is just to learn how to quote and insert Smilies.

So please ignore it.

unionist
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 11323

posted 02 February 2007 09:47 PM      Profile for unionist     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by oreobw:

So please ignore it.

Ignore what?

All times are Pacific Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca