Some amusing/interesting obeservations gleaned from blogs and Emerson petitions:
- I think all canadian politicians should have the word "Honorable" removed from the front of their name until they can prove it.
- Mr. Emerson, get out of Dodge! And take your eyebrows with you!
- He may be the right man, but he's not doing the right thing.
- Good Lord, this guy is so lucky that he hasn't had a beating from the former party members.
- opportunism - n. 1. The adaptation of policy or judgement to circumstances or opportunity, esp. regardless of principle. 2. See David Emerson.
- I think it is time for him to resign and go back to the corporate board rooms where he is more comfortable doing shady and questionable deals in the dark.
- Forget debates in the next election campaign. We should hook candiates up to polygraphs and ask them critical questions like "Do you believe the things you are saying?" and "So you plan to remain in your current political party?"
- Chances that David Emerson could ever get elected anywhere again with possible exception of Zimbabwe are somewhere between slim and zero and slim just left town.
- He has basically stamped a "I have no integrity" sign on his forehead for everyone to see.
- The “blurring lines” David Emerson refers to are those in his head.
- It does seem to me that if you tell us that you're going to sing "God Save the Queen" and then give us the Sex-pistols version, that there has been a misrepresentation of the truth.
- "I'm going to be Stephen Harper's worst enemy,"----Mr Emerson January 24, 2006--Promises,promises!!
- I would be happy to accept David and let my anger go, if he would just change his name from David Emerson to David Enron to remind us he is a "person of great integrity and leadership experience".
- David Enron - Ode to Myself - 1 from Vancouver - Kingsway:
There's a lot of issues, lots to be done
Best to call me, I'm the hired gun
Party label, it's pas de necessaire
Call me a traitor, see if I care
- David Enron - Ode to Myself - 2 from Vancouver Kingway:
You see, it's about public service, representation
Even if my constituents have serious reservations
In January, Stephen Harper was evil, a very bad man
In February, he has what it takes, I'll do what I can
- David Enron - Ode to Myself - 4 from Vancouver - Kingsway:
It's not a matter of principles, I am here to serve
If Jack Layton was PM, I'd even have the nerve
Heck, even the Communists, and the Rhinos too
I would stop at nothing to stay in power, that's what I do
- David Enron - Ode to Myself - 6 from Vancouver - Kingsway:
You know me, I'm not political, that's for others
I would curtail this democratic thing more, if I had my druthers
Bring on the limos, bring on the glory
Me, in cabinet, as a Tory
- Mr Emerson you should do the honourable thing,wait a minute I forgot you are not familiar with the concept of honour.
- I feel if at least he is not recalled, he should wear a bag over his head to work every day to hide his shameful face from people.
- From a FIBERAL to a CONSERVEATHIEF shame on you
- The only SIMILARITY between David Emerson and Belinda Stronach is: Neither of them have testicles.
- resign and run as a Con
- Shame on you, David. Having crapped on democracy, will you now wipe your ass with the Constitution?
- how can one vote for a liberal and end up with a conservative?
- David Emerson is the reason I am happy that I voted NDP
- At least Belinda used her own money.
- What's the synonym for a "self-interested deceitful opportunist" again? Oh right, that would be "Emerson".
- Politicians and Diapers must be changed frequently....for the same reason!!!!.
- Unbelievable that Emerson argues that he knows best and is acting in the interests of his constituents. Perhaps we could eliminate voting altogether and just ask the wise hypocrites like Emerson.
- Pick a party and stick with it!!!
- Just a quick question to Emerson:
Et tu Oink?
- But of course, Emerson didn't cross the floor. He just stayed on the government side while everyone else crossed the floor. He liked it where he was. Never mind what the voters wanted.
- Yep, the Conservatives sure did Stand Up For Canada. Too bad it was to stand up and unzip the fly on their Dockers.
- It's not that people feel they wasted their votes, it's that they feel you've stolen them.
- Good luck with Olympics. Hope there aren't too many Canadian athletes that decide to compete for another country...that wouldn't be very honest of them. Resign, run in by-election.
- The citizens have been Emersoned!