babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » election 2006   » Christian Evangelists give Layton a 'B'

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Christian Evangelists give Layton a 'B'
kyle-c
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 11493

posted 12 January 2006 10:41 PM      Profile for kyle-c     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Interesting article for those who consider the left to be Christianity-bashers.

http://www.canadianchristianity.com/cgi-bin/na.cgi?nationalupdates/060112faith

Hephaestion
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4795

posted 12 January 2006 10:49 PM      Profile for Hephaestion   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post
x
From: goodbye... :-( | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cartman
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7440

posted 12 January 2006 10:49 PM      Profile for Cartman        Edit/Delete Post
anti-x

[ 12 January 2006: Message edited by: Cartman ]

From: Bring back Audra!!!!! | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
kyle-c
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 11493

posted 12 January 2006 10:49 PM      Profile for kyle-c     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
x?
Cartman
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7440

posted 12 January 2006 10:50 PM      Profile for Cartman        Edit/Delete Post
X!
mary123
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6125

posted 12 January 2006 10:51 PM      Profile for mary123     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Fundamentalist Christians are sheep in wolfs clothing. yada yada yada.

We've seen this movie before in the United States and we all know how it turns out.
(Mostly bad for women, gays, lesbians and others).

Who wants some old extreme Christian guys telling you what you can do in the bedroom. Fuck off!

[ 12 January 2006: Message edited by: mary123 ]

From: ~~Canada - still God's greatest creation on the face of the earth~~ | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Cartman
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7440

posted 12 January 2006 10:52 PM      Profile for Cartman        Edit/Delete Post
x
mary123
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6125

posted 12 January 2006 10:54 PM      Profile for mary123     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
My Canada includes anal.

From: ~~Canada - still God's greatest creation on the face of the earth~~ | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Cartman
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7440

posted 12 January 2006 10:58 PM      Profile for Cartman        Edit/Delete Post
mary123, well I never!! Or did I?
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 12 January 2006 11:01 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Did any of you read the article?
From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
mary123
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6125

posted 12 January 2006 11:03 PM      Profile for mary123     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Not that there's anything wrong with that ... yada yada yada ...
Oh my.

Screaming Lord Byron
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4717

posted 12 January 2006 11:06 PM      Profile for Screaming Lord Byron     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michelle:
Did any of you read the article?

I did. It was pretty innocuous, and their points were fairly well reasoned.

mary123
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6125

posted 12 January 2006 11:08 PM      Profile for mary123     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
From the article:
Stephen Harper, opined Redekop, "gave the most sensible and best-informed response. It's carefully thought-out. He's calling for politicians to bring their religious convictions to bear, but in a very respectful way. I like his call for a 'moral consensus' from various faith groups on major moral issues."

Harper, Redekop also observed, demonstrated an awareness of the work of faith-based charities such as World Vision, Samaritan's Purse, or the Mennonite Central Committee.

"Here we have an important acknowledgement of the contribution of religious charities," said Redekop. "He also wrote of the need for 'the free public expression of religious belief.' I like that -- as well as his reference to 'our moral obligations towards God.' There's nothing in the Martin statement about obligations to God."

In sum, he said, "I looked in vain for anything to criticize" in Harper's statement. "I couldn't detect anything I wouldn't agree with. I would give him an A."

Yeah I did read the article Michelle and my Canada still includes anal.
Maybe not for me personally and not that there's anything wrong with it yada yada yada.

[ 12 January 2006: Message edited by: mary123 ]

kyle-c
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 11493

posted 12 January 2006 11:12 PM      Profile for kyle-c     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I don't have a problem with "the free public expression of religious belief." But "our moral obligations towards God?" Now, who's going to be in a position to define that?

-k

Vansterdam Kid
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5474

posted 13 January 2006 03:08 AM      Profile for Vansterdam Kid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Screaming Lord Byron:

I did. It was pretty innocuous, and their points were fairly well reasoned.

No, being reactionary is more fun. (Yeah I agree with you).

Pierre Cyr
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6278

posted 13 January 2006 05:50 AM      Profile for Pierre Cyr     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
The article should point out that 50% of that 70% of christians of that 80% of canadians who are religious espouse no denomination. Thats according to a Maclean's survey I read a long time ago... And I fall into that category and do not like religious groups to express an opinion for me. As for their assertions that the christian right and the christian left and close. I think it couldnt be further from the truth...
From: Grand Falls NB | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca