babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » election 2006   » G&M: Tory victory to shake dollar

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: G&M: Tory victory to shake dollar
TonyToo
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 11421

posted 12 January 2006 09:34 PM      Profile for TonyToo     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Thanks Liberals.
mary123
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6125

posted 12 January 2006 09:36 PM      Profile for mary123     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
My fear is Canada is headed for a recession if the neo cons are elected just like where the US is headed soon.

Harper being a George Bush groupie will not help the Canadian economy.

Recession and deficits: it's a conservative thing!!!

[ 12 January 2006: Message edited by: mary123 ]

From: ~~Canada - still God's greatest creation on the face of the earth~~ | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Andy (Andrew)
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 10884

posted 12 January 2006 09:37 PM      Profile for Andy (Andrew)   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
TonyToo the NDP called this election. Blame the right people for a Conservative majority.
lagnaf
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6145

posted 12 January 2006 09:44 PM      Profile for lagnaf        Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by mary123:
My fear is Canada is headed for a recession if the neo cons are elected just like where the US is headed soon.

Harper being a George Bush groupie will not help the Canadian economy.

Recession and deficits: it's a conservative thing!!!

[ 12 January 2006: Message edited by: mary123 ]

Indeed -- if I were right-leaning, I would not be voting for Harper. He's done nothing to demonstrate that he's a "conservative"; the deficit that will result if he's elected will be astronomical.

And the right says WE'RE fiscally irresponsible.

Cartman
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7440

posted 13 January 2006 01:46 AM      Profile for Cartman        Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Blame the right people for a Conservative majority.
I am not convinced that the Conservatives will win the election at this point, let alone win a majority.

From: Bring back Audra!!!!! | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
klugerweise
recent-rabble-rouser
Babbler # 9256

posted 13 January 2006 02:07 AM      Profile for klugerweise        Edit/Delete Post
I think is a long way from over as well.

I do think a Lib minority and Con majority are equally unlikely at this stage.

All Martin needs is the polls to move back to 5 per cent, and to catch some break out there with something, and the dominant media line (Harper as PM, Libs in chaos collapsing) will have to be entirely reworked. A couple of days of headlines like The Race Tightens along with making the case that there is a reason to fear Harper and his gang will move loads of folks. There are already some signs of this happening now. Lord knows there is more than enough material to throw at Harper. I mean have they even really flushed him out on his own views on the death penalty or abortion?

As always the media will have the major role in determining this. If the CBC decides to continue to stand in as unpaid (?) Harper flaks (hows about Hebert, Coyne and Murphy for a balanced trio of commentators?) we're looking at the Thatcher years here in Canada.

As for Jack (and I'm a backer) if he goes to the finish line pulling his punches on Harper, he could even make me consider voting strategically for the hated Liberals, which I have never countenanced before.

Vansterdam Kid
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5474

posted 13 January 2006 02:34 AM      Profile for Vansterdam Kid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andy (Andrew):
TonyToo the NDP called this election. Blame the right people for a Conservative majority.

Can't you count?

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca