babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

Topic Closed  Topic Closed

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » election 2006   » Do we really need another thread about FD?

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Do we really need another thread about FD?
Hephaestion
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4795

posted 12 January 2006 04:54 PM      Profile for Hephaestion   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post
Over here, Michelle asks:

quote:
Oh my god, do we really need another thread about FD to attract trolls from there?

Discuss.

From: goodbye... :-( | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
writer
editor emeritus
Babbler # 2513

posted 12 January 2006 04:58 PM      Profile for writer     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
If only to prove just how naughty H can be. When he wants to be. Which is almost always.

[ 12 January 2006: Message edited by: writer ]

fern hill
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3582

posted 12 January 2006 04:58 PM      Profile for fern hill        Edit/Delete Post
Bad Heph.

In fact, I did start another one, but here's the trick, don't use the name in the thread title and they don't twig.

obscurantist
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 8238

posted 12 January 2006 05:01 PM      Profile for obscurantist     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I hear that if you turn on the water in the bathroom sink, close the door, turn off the light, and chant "Freedo Minion, Freedo Minion, Freedo Freedo Freedo Minion" in as deep a voice as you can while looking directly at the mirror, you can see the spectral figure of Connie Wilkins appear behind you, waving a campaign video in her skeletal hand. True?

[ 12 January 2006: Message edited by: obscurantist ]

From: an unweeded garden | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
West Coast Tiger
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 10186

posted 12 January 2006 05:07 PM      Profile for West Coast Tiger     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Is "troll" another word for assh...?
From: I never was and never will be a Conservative | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
libertarian
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6136

posted 12 January 2006 05:08 PM      Profile for libertarian        Edit/Delete Post
Now we have a thread about threads. We may end up with a Russell paradox: is the thread about threads a thread? Can it be unraveled?
stupendousgirlie
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 11076

posted 12 January 2006 05:09 PM      Profile for stupendousgirlie     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I apologize for typing the words that should not be typed and thereby naming that other web forum that is a known haunt for crackpots, conspiracy theorists and generic Kraft Dinner eating types...
From: Wondering how the left can ever form a national government | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
West Coast Tiger
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 10186

posted 12 January 2006 05:14 PM      Profile for West Coast Tiger     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by stupendousgirlie:
I apologize for typing the words that should not be typed ...

It's like Beetlejuice the movie -- Remember THAT? If you say their name three times.. *poof*.. they magically appear! And then alllll hell breaks lose.

[ 12 January 2006: Message edited by: West Coast Tiger ]

From: I never was and never will be a Conservative | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
West Coast Greeny
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6874

posted 12 January 2006 05:16 PM      Profile for West Coast Greeny     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I think we should have discussed this thread before we decided to start one Heph. We should call it "Do we need a thread discussing if we should start threads about FD"
Michael Watkins
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 11256

posted 12 January 2006 05:19 PM      Profile for Michael Watkins   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Topic: Do we really need another thread about FD?

Survey says... YES

From: Vancouver Kingway - Democracy In Peril | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
stupendousgirlie
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 11076

posted 12 January 2006 05:20 PM      Profile for stupendousgirlie     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I believe there is entertainment value in their posts, kind of makes one want to sit down with a beer and some popcorn and read aloud...
From: Wondering how the left can ever form a national government | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Boom Boom
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7791

posted 12 January 2006 06:54 PM      Profile for Boom Boom     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
I apologize for typing the words that should not be typed and thereby naming that other web forum that is a known haunt for crackpots, conspiracy theorists and generic Kraft Dinner eating types...

My eyes bugged out when I heard on Politics I think it was, that Don Newman said the PM's wife says her husband's favourite food is Kraft Dinner. The guy's a millionaire for heaven's sakes!

From: Make the rich pay! | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
stupendousgirlie
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 11076

posted 12 January 2006 06:56 PM      Profile for stupendousgirlie     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Well KD is the cadillac of macaroni and cheese isn't it? I mean it's - what, about a buck a box? Those FD types can get 5 boxes of the no-name brand KD for a dollar.
Michael Watkins
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 11256

posted 12 January 2006 07:00 PM      Profile for Michael Watkins   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boom Boom:
My eyes bugged out when I heard on Politics I think it was, that Don Newman said the PM's wife says her husband's favourite food is Kraft Dinner. The guy's a millionaire for heaven's sakes!

I bet he uses expensive ketchup!

quote:

if i had a million dollars
we wouldn't have to walk to the store
we'd take a limousine 'cause it costs more
we wouldn't have to eat kraft dinner
but we would eat kraft dinner
of course we would, we'd just eat more
and buy really expensive ketchups with it
that's right all the fanciest ketch- dijon ketchup!

mmm! mmm!

From: Vancouver Kingway - Democracy In Peril | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Boom Boom
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7791

posted 12 January 2006 07:00 PM      Profile for Boom Boom     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I actually prefer making mac and cheese from scratch, and adding a small can of tomatoes. I've seen great variations on mac and cheese, especially here on the coast, where some folks don't have much money. Mac and cheese is comfort food to me - I like it, but once a week is plenty.

ETA: if there's any interest in sharing mac 'n cheese recipes, I'll post mine.

[ 12 January 2006: Message edited by: Boom Boom ]

From: Make the rich pay! | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
stupendousgirlie
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 11076

posted 12 January 2006 07:28 PM      Profile for stupendousgirlie     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I make a good one where you make a white sauce and pour it on cooked macaroni, then add shredded cheddar, mix it up, add - get this, BACON!!!! Then put a whack of cheddar on top and bake for one hour!
BCastro
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 11420

posted 12 January 2006 07:33 PM      Profile for BCastro     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post

Cartman
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7440

posted 12 January 2006 07:44 PM      Profile for Cartman        Edit/Delete Post
quote:
I hear that if you turn on the water in the bathroom sink, close the door, turn off the light, and chant "Freedo Minion, Freedo Minion, Freedo Freedo Freedo Minion" in as deep a voice as you can while looking directly at the mirror, you can see the spectral figure of Connie Wilkins appear behind you, waving a campaign video in her skeletal hand. True?

From: Bring back Audra!!!!! | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Reality. Bites.
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6718

posted 12 January 2006 07:58 PM      Profile for Reality. Bites.        Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Well KD is the cadillac of macaroni and cheese isn't it? I mean it's - what, about a buck a box? Those FD types can get 5 boxes of the no-name brand KD for a dollar.

No, President's Choice Deluxe White Cheddar is the Cadillac of dry mix mac and cheese.

From: Gone for good | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Vansterdam Kid
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5474

posted 12 January 2006 08:06 PM      Profile for Vansterdam Kid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by obscurantist:

[ 12 January 2006: Message edited by: obscurantist ]

I hear you have to do it at midnight or else it won't work.

Sifo-Dyas
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 11116

posted 12 January 2006 09:31 PM      Profile for Sifo-Dyas     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I heard the version in which the spectre was holding a Bible autographed by Rev. Rondo Thomas, the Conservative candidate in Ajax-Pickering.

What a burden - having to do God's will on Earth and "stop them queers".

Suaros
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 10562

posted 12 January 2006 10:20 PM      Profile for Suaros     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by RealityBites:

No, President's Choice Deluxe White Cheddar is the Cadillac of dry mix mac and cheese.

Agreed. The yellow cheddar can't touch it... and no white cheddar would even try.

Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 12 January 2006 11:48 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Argh! Argh argh argh argh argh!

at Heph.

[ 12 January 2006: Message edited by: Michelle ]

From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca