babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » election 2006   » Do you support homosexual sex marriage?

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Do you support homosexual sex marriage?
A Canadian in Canada
recent-rabble-rouser
Babbler # 11251

posted 10 December 2005 01:50 AM      Profile for A Canadian in Canada     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Calgary MP wants your thoughts on homosexual sex marriage

By Nelson Bennett

What does same sex-marriage have to do with crystal meth and crime?

That's what some Richmond residents were left wondering earlier this week when a leaflet from the office of Calgary West Conservative MP Rob Anders began showing up in their mailboxes.

The survey bears a masked man with a gun on the front, under the question: "Are you concerned about the impact of the Crystal Meth epidemic in your community?"

The mailer concludes: "Tell Paul Martin to get tough on crime by filling out this questionnaire."

There are four survey questions:

- Do you like the way Paul Martin spends your taxes?

- Are the Liberals doing enough to fight crime?

- Do you support homosexual sex marriage?

- Do you think more should be spent on the military?

Richmond (BC) News

Hephaestion
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4795

posted 10 December 2005 01:57 AM      Profile for Hephaestion   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post
quote:

WTF is "homosexual sex marriage"? As opposed to a "homosexual sexless marriage"?

From: goodbye... :-( | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Hatamoto
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 11188

posted 10 December 2005 01:59 AM      Profile for Hatamoto   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hephaestion:

WTF is "homosexual sex marriage"? As opposed to a "homosexual sexless marriage"?

Maybe that's why they hate gay marriage so much, because of the much higher likelihood of gay marriage resulting in enjoyable sex.

Albireo
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3052

posted 10 December 2005 02:21 AM      Profile for Albireo     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:

Well, uhhh, I'd have to say that I APPROVE of Martin spending my taxes on fighting the crime that threatens to disrupt "homosexual sex marriage" in the military. So, uhhh, generally, yeah.

[ 10 December 2005: Message edited by: Albireo ]

Ghost of the Navigator
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 11029

posted 10 December 2005 02:54 AM      Profile for Ghost of the Navigator        Edit/Delete Post

No.

Too complicated to be answered with a yes or no question, but no if I had to choose one.

Yes.

Yes.

Albireo
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3052

posted 10 December 2005 02:57 AM      Profile for Albireo     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
No, I'm sorry, but the correct answer is that we should not spend more tax dollars on those militant homosexual sex guys.
siren
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7470

posted 10 December 2005 02:58 AM      Profile for siren     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by A Canadian in Canada:

Richmond (BC) News

I support Martin spending taxes on homosexual sex marriage in the military. And those who don't agree should face publicly funded "shotgun marriages" enforced by criminal gangs.

Well! It's better than that dirty heterosexual sex marriage thing.

From: Of course we could have world peace! But where would be the profit in that? | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
simonvallee
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5141

posted 10 December 2005 03:51 AM      Profile for simonvallee   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
The "sex" part in "homosexual sex marriage" is a bit intriguing, from what I see, it's either because:

1- They were going for "same sex marriage" but at the last time switched to "homosexual" but only deleted "same", probably because they thought that saying directly homosexual would be more shocking than what they think the "PC" term.

2- They want to oppose the "good old" marriage in which procreation and family is the objective in the minds of many, with sex as a necessary evil (fucking prudes), to the "evil new" same-sex marriage which cannot physically lead to procreation, and thus, for them, exists only for sex, that "dirty thing". So they added "sex" in front of marriage to say: "this marriage ain't fer luv nor fumly, but fer seks, SEKS! Haow yewvil!"

From: Boucherville, Québec | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
MartinArendt
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 9723

posted 10 December 2005 04:08 AM      Profile for MartinArendt     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I support sex marriage, and I support homosexual marriage, and I support same sex marriage, but homosexual sex marriage...I just don't know.

Also, why is this in the election 2006 section?

West Coast Tiger
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 10186

posted 10 December 2005 04:22 AM      Profile for West Coast Tiger     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by A Canadian in Canada:
That's what some Richmond residents were left wondering earlier this week when a leaflet from the office of Calgary West Conservative MP Rob Anders began showing up in their mailboxes.

WTF?? A Calgary West Con is attempting to get the Richmond, BC electorate??? Something is amiss here. Why would the Cons in Alberta be sending leaflets to voters in ANOTHER PROVINCE? I believe Richmond has their own Con to deal with.

Those wacky Alberta Cons must be thinking they have to take on the whole country! Good Luck. LOL.

btw: I support HSM!

From: I never was and never will be a Conservative | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Hatamoto
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 11188

posted 10 December 2005 04:32 AM      Profile for Hatamoto   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by West Coast Tiger:
btw: I support HSM!

Heh, HSM. Nice.

Cartman
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7440

posted 10 December 2005 08:02 AM      Profile for Cartman        Edit/Delete Post
quote:
The survey was not paid for by the Conservative party, but by taxpayers. Members of Parliament get a budget to provide information updates to their constituents.
Asked why Anders would have decided to send handouts to Richmond, van Vugt, said Richmond shares some of the same issues as Anders' riding of Calgary West.
"Calgary West is an urban riding with a fairly high immigrant population as well, and a lot of the same interests," he said.
Van Vugt said the mailout's timing had nothing to do with the election.

This is a waste of taxpayer's money.

They are lying about the intent here (c'mon, the survey just happened to go to a city in another province, but has nothing to do with this election ).

Homosexual sex marriage? No focus on the sex act here huh? I envision the following scenario.
---------------------------
"Hi, nice to meet you! This is my wife Mrs. Cartman and I am, of course, Mr. Cartman. But don't let looks fool you. Living in Calgary, we are homosexually sex married. It's all the rage these days. BTW, did you ever notice just how similar Calgary and Richmond are!? The similarities are incredible!
--------------------------
It would almost be funny if it were not so disturbing.

From: Bring back Audra!!!!! | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Shazum
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 10302

posted 10 December 2005 08:13 AM      Profile for Shazum     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
unless it was a staffer typo, ya never know.
From: Somewhere out there | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Cartman
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7440

posted 10 December 2005 08:24 AM      Profile for Cartman        Edit/Delete Post
quote:
unless it was a staffer typo, ya never know.
Which part?
Linking crime with homosexuality?
Sending the surveys to BC, not Calgary?
Calling it homosexual sex marriage?

Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 10 December 2005 08:33 AM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Oh man. I'm sorry, I know it's homophobic and everything, but I can't stop laughing! Homosexual sex marriage!
From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
West Coast Tiger
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 10186

posted 10 December 2005 08:39 AM      Profile for West Coast Tiger     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
*hee hee* I sent off the article to the NDP. You never know... they might be interested in reading this informative leaflet.
From: I never was and never will be a Conservative | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Cartman
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7440

posted 10 December 2005 08:43 AM      Profile for Cartman        Edit/Delete Post
Yeah, those Conservatives really are trying hard to stand up for the typical nuclear family. First, they were against SSM now they are against HSM.

Edited to correct the homophobic acronym.

[ 10 December 2005: Message edited by: Cartman ]

Reality. Bites.
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6718

posted 10 December 2005 09:06 AM      Profile for Reality. Bites.        Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by West Coast Tiger:
*hee hee* I sent off the article to the NDP. You never know... they might be interested in reading this informative leaflet.

The NDP isn't interested in Conservative bashing. It would need to go to the Liberals or the media to get out.

From: Gone for good | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Yst
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 9749

posted 10 December 2005 09:19 AM      Profile for Yst     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I think he was really underselling himself with "homosexual sex marriage" there. I mean, alright, it includes the word sex twice in a phrase ultimately refering to marriage licensing, but couldn't he at least have gone for three, or possibly even four? Didn't have the guts for "Do you support the sexological right of partipitants in homosexual sex to same-sex marriage?" Heck, why not "same sex homosexual sex marriage (they have sex with each other)"?
From: State of Genderfuck | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Hephaestion
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4795

posted 10 December 2005 09:32 AM      Profile for Hephaestion   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post
Yst --

I am partial to the phrase "sexily sexy homosexual sex marriage"...

From: goodbye... :-( | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
bigcitygal
Volunteer Moderator
Babbler # 8938

posted 10 December 2005 09:37 AM      Profile for bigcitygal     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Yst, I'll see your:
quote:
"same sex homosexual sex marriage (they have sex with each other)"?

and raise you:

Do you support sexy same sex homosexual sex marriage (homosexuals having sex with each other's sexual sex parts)?

From: It's difficult to work in a group when you're omnipotent - Q | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
kuri
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4202

posted 10 December 2005 12:39 PM      Profile for kuri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michelle:
Oh man. I'm sorry, I know it's homophobic and everything, but I can't stop laughing! Homosexual sex marriage!

I was the same way, actually. I can't say it without it sounding totally absurd!

From: an employer more progressive than rabble.ca | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
MartinArendt
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 9723

posted 10 December 2005 01:08 PM      Profile for MartinArendt     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigcitygal:
Yst, I'll see your:

and raise you:

Do you support sexy same sex homosexual sex marriage (homosexuals having sex with each other's sexual sex parts)?

Doug
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 44

posted 10 December 2005 05:13 PM      Profile for Doug   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
The more sex, the better the marriage, no?
From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sifo-Dyas
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 11116

posted 10 December 2005 06:38 PM      Profile for Sifo-Dyas     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Deleted

[ 22 May 2006: Message edited by: Sifo-Dyas ]

robbie_dee
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 195

posted 10 December 2005 06:49 PM      Profile for robbie_dee     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
OK That's it enough already. NO MORE HOMOSEXING!
Contrarian
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6477

posted 10 December 2005 06:53 PM      Profile for Contrarian     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I'm too sexy for my shirt,
Too sexy for my M.P.,
I'm too sexy...

From: pretty far west | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Red Albertan
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 9195

posted 10 December 2005 08:33 PM      Profile for Red Albertan        Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug:
The more sex, the better the marriage, no?

The less marriage, the better the sex?

From: the world is my church, to do good is my religion | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
googlymoogly
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3819

posted 10 December 2005 10:35 PM      Profile for googlymoogly     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
you guys are making me jealous. I'm not getting any homosexin' at all
From: the fiery bowels of hell | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Chubbles
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 11268

posted 10 December 2005 11:48 PM      Profile for Chubbles        Edit/Delete Post
With my glasses off, I read the last post on TAT as "you gays are making me jealous." Well, you gays are are making me jealous.
Yst
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 9749

posted 11 December 2005 12:25 AM      Profile for Yst     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Rob Anders, incidentally, was the only guy to vote against Nelson Mandela being made an honourary citizen.

And I quote,

quote:
"[Honouring Nelson Mendela is a] total political-correctness poster-boy thing... He was a Communist. He was a terrorist... The Liberals always deprive us unanimous consent on all sorts of provisions. They wouldn't allow us to honour the Duke of Edinburgh and the Queen with regard to their wedding anniversary..."

- Conservative MP Rob Anders, explaining why he voted against a resolution to make former South African president Nelson Mendela an honourary Canadian citizen, June 6th, 2001.

From: State of Genderfuck | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Screaming Lord Byron
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4717

posted 11 December 2005 12:41 AM      Profile for Screaming Lord Byron     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
It's Anders - he has a history of this (cough closet case*) - I don't live in his riding either, but I still get the occasional mailout from him. I assumed it was because my riding shared a postcode with Calgary West, but now I see that his pamphlets are delivered scattershot across this great nation of ours.
Interesting factoid - there are hardly any Tory candidates out and about in Calgary, as they have been off on the national campaign out East. The exception is Anders as, in Tory circles, Rob Anders is the crazy old uncle you try and keep locked under the stairs (yes, I know he's in his early thirties, but still....).

* Of course, I am definitely not implying that Mr. Anders is a closeted homosexual, jealous of the vigorous, exciting sex that unabashed gays are having now with the legal sanction of the state, I merely made a wholly-accidentally typo that somehow came out as 'closet-case'.

Being
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7768

posted 11 December 2005 12:44 AM      Profile for Being   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post
in the context of this discussion, that should be a 'nucular' heterosexual sex marriage family.
Papal Bull
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7050

posted 11 December 2005 12:49 AM      Profile for Papal Bull   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I believe the military should spend more homosexual sex on crime marriage.
From: Vatican's best darned ranch | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Euhemeros
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 11067

posted 11 December 2005 01:43 AM      Profile for Euhemeros     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
WTF?? A Calgary West Con is attempting to get the Richmond, BC electorate??? Something is amiss here. Why would the Cons in Alberta be sending leaflets to voters in ANOTHER PROVINCE? I believe Richmond has their own Con to deal with.

MPs are given money for things such as "householders" and "ten-percenters" to send fliers out on the taxpayer's credit card. This is meant for their constituents, but most parties use them to send them to other ridings too.

As to homosexual sex marriage, I have no problem with homosexual sex getting married. It might be kind of hard, parperwork wise, to try to marry an action.

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca