FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » election 2006   » Election Date

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Election Date
BugBear
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3379

posted 21 June 2004 10:04 PM      Profile for BugBear   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
THUNDER BAY, Ontario (Reuters) - If you want to find out when Canadians are going to the polls, don't ask Prime Minister Paul Martin. He still doesn't seem to know.

When Martin officially announced last month that the federal election would be on June 28, he got the date wrong twice. And when he addressed a rally of the ruling Liberal Party on Monday night, he made another mistake.

"Now is our decade. Let's take it -- that's why we're going to win on the 28th of October," he told a crowd of supporters in the central Canadian town of Thunder Bay. Polls suggest that when Canadians vote on June 28, Martin's Liberals will lose their majority in Parliament.

From: 2nd London Tractor Factory | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Agent 204
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4668

posted 21 June 2004 10:13 PM      Profile for Agent 204   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
If he got the date wrong when actually calling the election, would the election be legal?

By the way, this story should probably have a link.

[ 21 June 2004: Message edited by: Mike Keenan ]

From: home of the Guess Who | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
swirrlygrrl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2170

posted 21 June 2004 10:16 PM      Profile for swirrlygrrl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Aw, here I was thinking this was a thread on who has a hot date on election night. *onlykindofkidding*

I'll be at the Ed victory party. I'm not sure if its appropriate "date" place when your likely other isn't all that political...

From: the bushes outside your house | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
BugBear
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3379

posted 21 June 2004 10:20 PM      Profile for BugBear   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Keenan:
If he got the date wrong when actually calling the election, would the election be legal?

By the way, this story should probably have a link.

[ 21 June 2004: Message edited by: Mike Keenan ]

He got the date wrong in his announcement in French. The date had been settled in his meeting with the GG.

Yes you are correct. In fact I tried to do a tiny url on it but TU was tied up and won't respond. The actual URL would make baby jesus cry. (side scroll).

[ 21 June 2004: Message edited by: BugBear ]

From: 2nd London Tractor Factory | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
paxamillion
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2836

posted 21 June 2004 10:21 PM      Profile for paxamillion   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by swirrlygrrl:
I'll be at the Ed victory party. I'm not sure if its appropriate "date" place when your likely other isn't all that political...

Hey, Ed is a great Canadian. Meeting him is something I think I'd treasure for a very long time. I'd go in a heart beat.

I met Joe Clark when I was in high school and still tell the story about six or seven times a year.

From: the process of recovery | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
'lance
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1064

posted 21 June 2004 10:24 PM      Profile for 'lance     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Aw, here I was thinking this was a thread on who has a hot date on election night. *onlykindofkidding*

Still thinking of Anthony Germaine, swirrlygrrl?

From: that enchanted place on the top of the Forest | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
swirrlygrrl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2170

posted 21 June 2004 10:51 PM      Profile for swirrlygrrl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
*tee hee* I don' think his wife and 2 kids would like it if I asked him out. But a gal can dream.

As for the Edster, I've met him enough that it isn't a great thrill anymore. Unless he's going to rap. Then I'll follow him like a puppy for his term in Parliament. You'd be welcome, pax, if you're up for the commute.

From: the bushes outside your house | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca