babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » election 2006   » Now THIS should sway left-leaners thinking of voting Liberal to the NDP!!!

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Now THIS should sway left-leaners thinking of voting Liberal to the NDP!!!
NDP Newbie
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5089

posted 20 June 2004 09:03 PM      Profile for NDP Newbie     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Notice the name of the Liberal candidate? :-P

http://www.electionprediction.org/2004_fed/riding/59024-saanich-gulf-islands.htm

Marc
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 287

posted 20 June 2004 09:48 PM      Profile for Marc     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Frivolous thread?
oldgoat
Babbler # 1130

posted 20 June 2004 10:01 PM      Profile for oldgoat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Oh better a bit of frivolity than the repetition and general stupidity that's been abounding. This election has reached the stage where we could use a laugh wherever we can find it.

Speaking of which, I think the election prediction project, if doing nothing else, has managed to at least bleed off a lot of cranks and flakes from serious boards. I have noted a certain C. Hubley is all over the place.

BTW, were my name Mulroney, I'd stay out of politics. I'd stay away from the popular media too. Hell, I'd change it to Goebbles or Thurmond or something.

From: The 10th circle | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
DrConway
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 490

posted 21 June 2004 01:25 AM      Profile for DrConway     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
There's a Green Party guy running either in Vancouver East or Vancouver Centre and his last name has "Plow" in it. Kind of appropriate, don't you think, given what the Green Party stands for?

(PS. In case anyone doesn't know what a plow is, it's used in agriculture ... don't laugh, people - there are folks out there that have no idea you grow lettuce in the ground.)

From: You shall not side with the great against the powerless. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Scott Piatkowski
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1299

posted 21 June 2004 06:07 AM      Profile for Scott Piatkowski   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
They have Mulroney, but we haveTrudeau.
From: Kitchener-Waterloo | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Vansterdam Kid
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5474

posted 21 June 2004 06:28 AM      Profile for Vansterdam Kid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Actually this Mulroney is rather interesting and I think from what I've seen of him ideologically at least he's probably not that different from Brian Mulroney. Has anyone who watches 'vi-land voices' seen this guy? He basically said he supports private for profit health-care and only when he looked really bad because of it did he back down. Also there's the little Liberal nomination stuff with Pia Shandel and the way they strong armed her out of there in favour of this Mulroney guy. Jeesh he already has the name thing and might have to tell people that he isn't related to Brian, he's running under the sponsorship plagued Liberals -- with an un-popular provincial Liberal government, not to mention the nomination difficulties and finally the health-care stuff.

Hmm quite strange indeed.

charlessumner
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2914

posted 21 June 2004 01:56 PM      Profile for charlessumner     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott Piatkowski:
They have Mulroney, but we haveTrudeau.

… not to mention Turner, Clark, King (communicating from the dead through a medium?), Thompson (who posthumous gender reassignment looks really good on), and even that incomparable hero of Eastern Ontario - Macdonald!

And hey, anyone in Canada still consider themselves a Martin supporter? We've got more Martin - 1, 2, 3, sort of 4 - than any other party! (Libs 2, Tories 2, ML 1…)

We've also got Kennedy; maybe a lesser portent, I suppose, that we've got Bush…

In Toronto, of course, there's the comic-book-like battle between Evil Harrises 1 and 2, seeking to take over downtown Toronto, challenged only for the pride of their name by Good Harris two ridings over. Just please don't ask what super powers Evil Harris 3 lends to the battle from out in BC…

Finally, check out www.voteblair.ca - though wouldn't his last name have obviously been such a better meme for fans of the Labour Party?

[ 21 June 2004: Message edited by: charlessumner ]

From: closer everyday | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scott Piatkowski
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1299

posted 21 June 2004 02:06 PM      Profile for Scott Piatkowski   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
You missed one. Edwin Laryea's name is pronounced in an uncannily similar manner to Laurier (Law-yay).
Krago
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3064

posted 21 June 2004 02:21 PM      Profile for Krago     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
BTW Scott, I drove from Guelph to Waterloo (Keats & Fischer-Hallman) through Bridgeport yesterday.

In that whole stretch, I saw one (count 'em ONE) Liberal sign on someone's lawn. Admittedly, there weren't a whole lot of signs for anybody on private property, but I figured an 11-year MP would have a few supporters.

Is Telegdi going to get squashed like a bug?

From: The Royal City | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Shane
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4328

posted 21 June 2004 02:21 PM      Profile for Shane     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
My mistake.

[ 21 June 2004: Message edited by: Shane ]

Scott Piatkowski
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1299

posted 21 June 2004 02:44 PM      Profile for Scott Piatkowski   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krago:
Is Telegdi going to get squashed like a bug?

We're working on it

Seriously, I think we're in a tight three way race. His vote is definitely collapsing, but it remains to be seen where it breaks. I haven't had this much fun in a campaign since 1990 (and that includes the recent Hamilton East by-election).

NDP Newbie
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5089

posted 21 June 2004 03:21 PM      Profile for NDP Newbie     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by charlessumner:

… not to mention Turner, Clark, King (communicating from the dead through a medium?), Thompson (who posthumous gender reassignment looks really good on), and even that incomparable hero of Eastern Ontario - Macdonald!

And hey, anyone in Canada still consider themselves a Martin supporter? We've got more Martin - 1, 2, 3, sort of 4 - than any other party! (Libs 2, Tories 2, ML 1…)

We've also got Kennedy; maybe a lesser portent, I suppose, that we've got Bush…

In Toronto, of course, there's the comic-book-like battle between Evil Harrises 1 and 2, seeking to take over downtown Toronto, challenged only for the pride of their name by Good Harris two ridings over. Just please don't ask what super powers Evil Harris 3 lends to the battle from out in BC…

Finally, check out www.voteblair.ca - though wouldn't his last name have obviously been such a better meme for fans of the Labour Party?

[ 21 June 2004: Message edited by: charlessumner ]

;-) I'm on Elaine MacDonald's campaign team. Calling her an incomparable hero is an understatement.

Shane
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4328

posted 21 June 2004 03:55 PM      Profile for Shane     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
;-) I'm on Elaine MacDonald's campaign team. Calling her an incomparable hero is an understatement.

Why is that? Sorry I really don't know much about her.

vaudree
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1331

posted 21 June 2004 08:39 PM      Profile for vaudree     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
RE vote Bush - I know an American board to post that one on.
From: Just outside St. Boniface | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca