babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » election 2006   » Found Harper's actual policy document

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Found Harper's actual policy document
skeptical
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6179

posted 20 June 2004 02:56 PM      Profile for skeptical        Edit/Delete Post
get out the lie detector test! Harper's not telling us the real policy! Citizens group has put up Website. Check it out!!! www.ctip.info, really disturbing, and why no scrutiny by the media??? SICKENING STUFF!
faith
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4348

posted 20 June 2004 03:00 PM      Profile for faith     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
The link doesn't work for me , I only get an error message.
Hephaestion
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4795

posted 20 June 2004 03:02 PM      Profile for Hephaestion   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post
Same here...
From: goodbye... :-( | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
pogge
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2440

posted 20 June 2004 03:08 PM      Profile for pogge   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
The problem with the link is the comma. Try this.
From: Why is this a required field? | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stephen Gordon
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4600

posted 20 June 2004 03:22 PM      Profile for Stephen Gordon        Edit/Delete Post
skeptical, are you sure this was worth starting three [edit: five, now] threads? It looks like standard CPC boilerplate and contains nothing that isn't widely known already.

[ 20 June 2004: Message edited by: Oliver Cromwell ]

skeptical
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6179

posted 20 June 2004 03:29 PM      Profile for skeptical        Edit/Delete Post
The public doesn't know about the flat tax, you pay same rate as Billionaires! Don't know about the plan to move to U.S. style insurance premiums, dismantling of pensions for seniors and disabled, and spending for 160,000 man deployment army for COMBAT PURPOSES...
Stephen Gordon
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4600

posted 20 June 2004 03:33 PM      Profile for Stephen Gordon        Edit/Delete Post
Is this the document you're talking about? It says nothing about flat income taxes, or an army of 160,000.
skeptical
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6179

posted 20 June 2004 03:38 PM      Profile for skeptical        Edit/Delete Post
Sorry guys, got your message. Just so damn mad that media didn't tell people the whole truth. Harper's plans are for U.S. style health insurance premiums, not just private delivery of Healthcare...stripping of all pollution laws? who told us about that? He's scrapping Multiculturalism, downloading the cost of every single program including Post Secondary onto cash strapped provinces...and his decentralization policy, bunch of pilot states, that's how Soviet Union collapsed...not funny to me, I care about all of us,and the media is pushing Harper into power...as a moderate!!!! SICK LIES! I'm just shook and worried, and I don't care how you vote, just kick their butts out of here, LET OTHERS KNOW, OR WE'LL BE SO SORRY! This guy is 1000 times worse than Harris!!!!!!!!!!
Krago
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3064

posted 20 June 2004 03:46 PM      Profile for Krago     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by skeptical:
...and his decentralization policy, bunch of pilot states, that's how Soviet Union collapsed...not funny to me

What is a pilot state?

From: The Royal City | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
skeptical
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6179

posted 20 June 2004 03:49 PM      Profile for skeptical        Edit/Delete Post
To Oliver Cromwell: read the material,and you'll see where the facts were drawn. You cannot get the full drift. The document itself says army capable for COMBAT, does that sound like peace-keeping to you? And Harper did say 80,000 regular forces, and the same number of reserves, so Bush uses huge number of reserves too! Back few weeks ago their defense critic said he wanted army of 140,000, SO WHERE'S THE DISCREPANCY with that. And just two days ago, on mid-morning news, Harper said he WILL SEND TROOPS TO IRAQ! What's on this website is not readily known to voters...do seniors know that "they will maintain support for low-income seniors"? NO! This means that all those on pensions will be cut off after a certain point, and it's their own pension money!!!! And all of the people who will need this pension, paid into it for years...that money will be gone!!! If you have a dad or mum, or grandparents,do you think anyone told them about this! NO! This is not the cold hearted Canada I want, and blast them, Seniors and the disabled? Come on, that's way over the line in my books!
skeptical
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6179

posted 20 June 2004 03:59 PM      Profile for skeptical        Edit/Delete Post
Krago: Pilot state is a loosely connected, uncoordinated, very weak conglomeration, so strong on their own that you don't have a country! Ontario, B.C., Newfoundland, New Brunswick would have more power in the country, but the Federal government sets no standards for anything in this country, provinces run like separate entities, don't you know that's what busted the Soviet Union! We aren't like the Soviets, and we deserve to be strong and united. Separately each province will be fending for everthing on it's own, and they will become so independent and so different there won't be a COUNTRY! Don't you understand what happens when you weaken the Federation into separate pieces, no one gets any issue dealt with federally... Fed's only collects taxes and has a huge army! What kind of country do you call that? You call that a civilized strong nation! I call that a recipe for the complete bust up of my country, and any nazi who recommends this has got a fight on their hands!
mary123
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6125

posted 20 June 2004 04:05 PM      Profile for mary123     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Yes the question should be "Why does the Conservative-Reforms-Alliance party essentially want to break up Canada. I though that was Gilles Duceppes job?
Deep down Harper does want to make radical, radical changes to the country and shame on the media for not doing their jobs and analyzing the repercussions. No imaginations to the mediocre media out there.

From: ~~Canada - still God's greatest creation on the face of the earth~~ | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
skeptical
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6179

posted 20 June 2004 04:07 PM      Profile for skeptical        Edit/Delete Post
And Krago: did you watch the Tony Clement, Harper leadeship debate on Global, where Clement did specifically say "going for a flat tax"!!1

Now in this document, they call it a "simplified tax system", don't get hokey, that's very couched type wording, like hiding the truth in sneaky words, but simplified to means what the Alliance always had as their policy, and that was to go to a FLAT TAX,

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca