babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » election 2006   » Conservative Candidates- Is yours a Zombie or a Fool?

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Conservative Candidates- Is yours a Zombie or a Fool?
Pigeon
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5886

posted 19 June 2004 11:29 AM      Profile for Pigeon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Some Conservative candidates are fools. That is, they open their mouths and reveal their ignorance and bigotry. Others are Zombies- they keep as low a profile as they possibly can. If yours is a fool attack that. If yours is a Zombie make that known.

I live in Calgary North Centre. Jim Prentice is a Zombie. I posted on my www.jimprentice.com the following and sent it to him.

"Jim Prentice seems consistently to be failing to appear in any venue in which he would face an audience in which he knows there would be challenging questions. Jim Prentice has no statements of his position on issues on his website. Jim Prentice consistently refuses to answer emails asking for his position on specific issues. Why should anyone vote for a person who by these actions is indicating that he will be nothing but a rubber stamp for his leader? Surely it was a Conservative principle that representatives should have a will of their own. Jim Prentice by his actions is showing that he is not even a genuine Conservative. Instead he is a coward who assumes he will be elected by default if only he remains as silent as he possibly can."

Do your best- to continue as a civil society these people must be defeated. Reveal them and place your hope in the sensibility of Canadians.

steffie
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3826

posted 19 June 2004 12:00 PM      Profile for steffie     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
My local candidate is neither zombie nor fool. *searching for just the right word*

Driven

(a play on the fact that he owns a taxi company)

From: What are the roots that clutch, what branches grow / Out of this stony rubbish? | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Pigeon
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5886

posted 19 June 2004 12:05 PM      Profile for Pigeon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by steffie_slick:
My local candidate is neither zombie nor fool. *searching for just the right word*

Driven

(a play on the fact that he owns a taxi company)

How about let me take you for a ride as his slogan?

Sean in Ottawa
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4173

posted 19 June 2004 12:19 PM      Profile for Sean in Ottawa     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
For some I am sure that would be a difficult choice....
beverly
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5064

posted 19 June 2004 01:21 PM      Profile for beverly     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
The local con is just a farmer
From: In my Apartment!!!! | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
KingMob
recent-rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6150

posted 19 June 2004 03:06 PM      Profile for KingMob     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Well I'm in trinity-spadina (voting for Chow) so I don't really have to worry about the conservative candidate. In fact I haven't seen him or one of his signs anywhere, so I suppose that would make him a zombie.
I checked out his Site just now, the guy looks almost like he has "born to lose" tatooed on his head.

From: Syntho-Womb 5, Planet Scumdogia. | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
'lance
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1064

posted 19 June 2004 03:11 PM      Profile for 'lance     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I'm in Calgary North Centre too, and took a look at the vote tallies from the last election (when, admittedly, it was Calgary Centre). They were something like

PC (Joe Clark) 26,000
Reform 21,000
Liberal 5,000
NDP 1,500

I imagine Prentice, on seeing these numbers, simply reckoned he needn't work very hard.

And he's probably right.

[ 19 June 2004: Message edited by: 'lance ]

From: that enchanted place on the top of the Forest | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Debra
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 117

posted 19 June 2004 03:16 PM      Profile for Debra   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Our local candidate is buddies with Chris Hodgeson.

Nuff said

From: The only difference between graffiti & philosophy is the word fuck... | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
skdadl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 478

posted 19 June 2004 03:16 PM      Profile for skdadl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
The CPC candidate in St Paul's, Barry Cline, sounds, sadly, like an interesting guy, which I guess means he's one of the old Red Tories, not one of the pod-people.

He is an architect, worked on Expo 67, marched with Martin Luther King in Washington in 1963, etc.

I haven't been to any all-candidate meetings, so I can't tell how he sounds now. This is Carolyn Bennett's riding, so I assume he was nominated in the first place as a sacrificial lamb. As far as I can tell from electionprediction.org, she is still safe, and even if the Tory had been surging, Harper's latest adventurist rampage will sink the CPC in this riding, I should think.

In my isolated corner of the riding, the sign wars are being won by the NDP (Norm Tobias) and the Greens. But we are considered weird over here.

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca