babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » election 2006   » Harper "a Bush in Tory clothing" - Maude Barlow

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Harper "a Bush in Tory clothing" - Maude Barlow
lagatta
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2534

posted 09 June 2004 10:21 AM      Profile for lagatta     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
In an article on the web version of the Globe and Mail, Maude Barlow said a Macleans poll showed that only 15% of Canadians would vote for George Bush - yet many of those who would never vote for Bush would consider casting a ballot for Harper, who supports Dubya's policies wholeheartedly, and favours much deeper "continental integration".

Barlow article

From: Se non ora, quando? | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
skdadl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 478

posted 09 June 2004 10:35 AM      Profile for skdadl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Harper calls Chretien's decision to distance Canada from the invasion of Iraq "abrasively neutral." Ha! I love that. I think that is an image Canadians should want to live up to. Let's all practise being abrasively neutral.

(I only wish it were true that Chretien hadn't provided support for the U.S.-led coalition on the sly.)

I don't understand this phenom either. Ontarians especially must have short memories -- we so recently got rid of Harris, and Harper is way worse than Harris.

josh
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2938

posted 09 June 2004 10:37 AM      Profile for josh     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I hope enough people heed her warning. Bush did a similar thing in 2000, trying to disguise how right-wing he really is. And as soon as he got into officer, he started pushing his extremist agenda. It's one thing if the Cons end up with the most seats at say, 115. It's entirely different if they have, say, 145. That's why it strikes me that some strategic voting, in particular circumstances, is appropriate.
From: the twilight zone between the U.S. and Canada | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca