babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » election 2006   » Duceppe taps into anger over EI

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Duceppe taps into anger over EI
radiorahim
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2777

posted 09 June 2004 12:56 AM      Profile for radiorahim     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I'll give Duceppe credit where credit is due.

Globe & Mail article

I know the NDP has good policy on EI but this issue hasn't been raised yet in the campaign.

The Liberal record on EI is scandalous...Harpoon's position is even worse (he wants to cut EI premiums so workers will never even get the few crumbs back that the Liberals toss around at election time).

I know that struggles around the EI cuts were a major reason that Yvon Godin was elected in New Brunswick.

From: a Micro$oft-free computer | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
clearview
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4640

posted 09 June 2004 09:28 AM      Profile for clearview     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
This is also where the IMF directly affects Canadians. It is not just some organization that is wreaking havoc in the 3rd world, it's neo-liiberal economic policies are taken on by our leaders in support of giving more power to private interests at the expense of government and working people.

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca