babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » election 2006   » Are the Liberals endorsing the NDP in Brampton?

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Are the Liberals endorsing the NDP in Brampton?
Guêpe
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4757

posted 08 June 2004 01:30 PM      Profile for Guêpe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I just heard a member of the Brampton-Springdale Liberal riding association saying that they may well endorse (and work for) the NDP in that riding. They are feeling disaffected over the appointment of this candidate they feel that their leader was hypocritical in his appointment of her saying they purged women and visible minorities(Copps, and Dhaliwal) and this is just return patronage for her work on the leadership campaign.

Anybody else heard about this? Know what's going on?

Screaming Lord Byron
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4717

posted 08 June 2004 01:34 PM      Profile for Screaming Lord Byron     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Here you go. From the Globe and Mail.

Party infighting plagues riding

Brampton Liberal officials throw support to NDP to protest against Martin appointee

http://tinyurl.com/32p67

Privateer
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3446

posted 08 June 2004 01:43 PM      Profile for Privateer     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Being a 905 riding, I suspect this will seal the deal for the Conservatives.
Kinetix
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5296

posted 08 June 2004 04:29 PM      Profile for Kinetix     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Working for Kathy Pounder? Wow. Guess this kind of messed up the local Liberal club.
From: Montréal, Québec | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mel Skiller
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5448

posted 08 June 2004 05:28 PM      Profile for Mel Skiller     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Goodness though, Dhalla's Hot!
I'm just sayin'

[ 08 June 2004: Message edited by: Mel Skiller ]

Aric H
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5815

posted 08 June 2004 06:28 PM      Profile for Aric H     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
There have just been too many pro-Martin Liberals that have "coincidentally" ended up getting the nomination in their ridings and it has caused a lot of problems for the party. I still believe that Tony Valeri was only chosen in Hamilton East because he is a Martin supporter, just like I don't think it is coincidental that here in Ottawa-Orleans, Marc Godbout, a friend of Paul Martin got the nomination instead of the sitting MP. Former 4 time undefeated Ottawa-Orleans Liberal MP Eugene Bellemare will probably have the last laugh on June 28 when Godbout goes down to defeat as he loses to the Conservatives. Bellemare was a known name here and knew the riding better, even if he wasn't perfect.
Guêpe
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4757

posted 08 June 2004 06:52 PM      Profile for Guêpe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Former 4 time undefeated Ottawa-Orleans Liberal MP Eugene Bellemare will probably have the last laugh on June 28 when Godbout goes down to defeat as he loses to the Conservatives. Bellemare was a known name here and knew the riding better, even if he wasn't perfect.

Actually in Ottawa Orleans, from what I understand - Team Martin didn't interfer there - Bellemare just flat out lost...because he NEVER DID ANYTHING.

As I recall from the vote total released we figured that Bellemare couldn't have had more then 50 or so votes out of roughly 1700 votes cast. (It was something ridiculous)

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca