babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » election 2006   » The 10 Most Opportunistic Liberals

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: The 10 Most Opportunistic Liberals
mijawara
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4590

posted 08 June 2004 12:55 PM      Profile for mijawara   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Paul Wells describes an interesting what if? scenario in Macleans this week. No party wins a majority, Martin loses his first crack at a confidence vote, and Clarkson asks Harper to cobble something together. Harper dodges Duceppe and starts to suss out Liberal backbenchers who might be open to his comely advances. Thus:

quote:
. . . the question for Harper might be: who are the 10 most opportunistic Liberals? The mind reels. I'll let you draw your own list. You can be sure Harper is.

From: Ottawa Centre | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
BleedingHeart
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3292

posted 08 June 2004 01:05 PM      Profile for BleedingHeart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I posted on this somewhere else.

What if the NDP gets 45 seats which they got in 1988, the Bloc gets 60. Can 50 left of centre liberals be pursuaed to form a coalition centre-left government.

From: Kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Maxx
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4819

posted 08 June 2004 01:06 PM      Profile for Maxx     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I'm sure that Tom Wappel, Dan McTeague, Roger Galloway, and Pat O'Brien would feel very comfortable in the Conservative Alliance.
From: Don't blame me... I voted Liberal. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Gir Draxon
leftist-rightie and rightist-leftie
Babbler # 3804

posted 08 June 2004 01:09 PM      Profile for Gir Draxon     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Rats. I thought this was a thread for bashing Dosanjh, Brison, et. al.
From: Arkham Asylum | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jean Seb
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5085

posted 08 June 2004 02:00 PM      Profile for Jean Seb     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
In no particular order

Donsajh
Lapierre
Brison
Joe Clarck
Keith Martin
Bernard Lanctôt
David Price
Diane St Jacques

beverly
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5064

posted 08 June 2004 02:31 PM      Profile for beverly     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Keith Martin - I'm not sure why he's a liberal anyhow.
From: In my Apartment!!!! | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Aric H
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5815

posted 08 June 2004 06:22 PM      Profile for Aric H     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by BleedingHeart:
What if the NDP gets 45 seats which they got in 1988, the Bloc gets 60. Can 50 left of centre liberals be pursuaed to form a coalition centre-left government.

The NDP won 43 seats in 1988, and picked up a 44th the following year in a Quebec by-election. Right now I think equalling the 1988 total is a bit out of reach unless the NDP goes up several points in the polls. Originally I thought it was possible, but the NDP momentum has stalled unfortunately so the NDP is looking at 20-35 seats now.

[ 08 June 2004: Message edited by: Aric H ]

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca