FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » election 2006   » www.voteoutanders.com

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: www.voteoutanders.com
swirrlygrrl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2170

posted 06 June 2004 07:27 PM      Profile for swirrlygrrl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Check it out!

I love the section on how ineffective an MP he is. FYI, I got 13/18 on the quiz.

From: the bushes outside your house | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ranger03
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5302

posted 06 June 2004 07:35 PM      Profile for Ranger03        Edit/Delete Post
I second that motion
Agent 204
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4668

posted 06 June 2004 10:15 PM      Profile for Agent 204   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I got 15 out of 18- not bad considering I'd never heard of him before. But then, once you answer the question about "how'd you like to live in Johannesburg today", it's pretty easy to guess which quotes fit the character of someone who'd say that.

Interesting to see, though, that he opposed the invasion of Yugoslavia and the Chinese occupation of Tibet. I guess it's another case of the stopped clock being right twice a day...

[ 06 June 2004: Message edited by: Mike Keenan ]

From: home of the Guess Who | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
rubberband man
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4765

posted 06 June 2004 10:21 PM      Profile for rubberband man     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
that clip of anders at the oklahoma debate is just priceless

of course he thinks he should be there ... as far as he is concerned, he IS an american

Vandenhoofd
recent-rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5950

posted 07 June 2004 02:47 AM      Profile for Vandenhoofd     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I'm delighted to see Rob Anders' abysmal record as an MP finally getting the coverage it warrants. Calgary West voters (and our concerns) will never be taken seriously as long as we continue to elect egomaniacal, socially Cro- Magnon embarrassments (someone, and I can't remember who it was, once described Rob Anders as "to the right of Attila the Hun.")

If Anders' behavior toward Nelson Mandela isn't enough, or his disappearing act in the legislature doesn't rankle you, or if his stands on gun control (use both hands) or gay marriage (gays can be cured) don't bother you, then surely his personal conduct will: wait 'til you see him debate, or download the aforementioned video clip of Anders on Tulsa TV. Yup, that's the MP for Calgary West, a guy paid nearly one million dollars to 'serve' his constituents over the past seven years. A guy who'll slither quietly to another victory on the 28th if people don't get the word out.

I'd like to suggest that concerned babblers forward this web address (that URL again: www.voteoutanders.com) far and wide, to everyone they know, regardless of their riding or political affiliation, for three reasons. 1.) Anders' record truly is appalling, 2.) the website is professional and even quite funny, and, 3.) This is a great example of youth getting involved in politics, and it's plain old responsible citizenship. Maybe other Canadians in ridings with poor MPs will be inspired to take similar action.

So spread the word: Vote Out Anders.

Screaming Lord Byron
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4717

posted 07 June 2004 09:51 AM      Profile for Screaming Lord Byron     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Not that I advocate strategic voting, but the Liberals do have a good candidate in Calgary West in Justin Thompson. He would make a far better MP than Anders. Of course, our guy would be even more suitable, but I understand the realities of the seat.
Now, I don't like to get personal, but Anders definitely strikes me as a man standing in a very large, dark closet. Anyone else?

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca