babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » election 2006   » Anyone in or near Scarborough Centre

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone in or near Scarborough Centre
Greg Gogan
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5625

posted 06 June 2004 11:12 AM      Profile for Greg Gogan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I've been getting great reception at the door and it looks like people here are ready to move to us. I'm looking for extra help! Anyone interested, please let us know.

www.greggogan.ca

Aric H
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5815

posted 06 June 2004 04:54 PM      Profile for Aric H     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I have a law school friend that lives in Scarborough and who is thinking of working with the NDP. I will see what he is up to.
babblerwannabe
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5953

posted 06 June 2004 04:57 PM      Profile for babblerwannabe     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I live in Scarborough and i'd llike to help out.
Greg Gogan
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5625

posted 06 June 2004 07:27 PM      Profile for Greg Gogan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Thanks a lot! You can email at greg@greggogan.ca

Campaign tel # is on my website. Had a great day canvassing. Warden Ave (the part I did) is voting NDP in the majority so far.

babblerwannabe
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5953

posted 06 June 2004 09:41 PM      Profile for babblerwannabe     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Do i need to knock on doors and talk to people or just drop off materials? I am more comfortable with teleophons , i dont really want to have a confrontation or talk to people inside their houses alone.
Greg Gogan
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5625

posted 06 June 2004 09:50 PM      Profile for Greg Gogan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by babblerwannabe:
Do i need to knock on doors and talk to people or just drop off materials? I am more comfortable with teleophons , i dont really want to have a confrontation or talk to people inside their houses alone.

your choice... you can walk with me, you can call our members and supporters. Why don't you walk with me a bit...

Greg

James
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5341

posted 06 June 2004 10:12 PM      Profile for James        Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by babblerwannabe:

Go for it. I will guarantee that after your first dozen doors you will be wondering what you were worried about, and thoroughly enjoying it. I note that you are young, and I suspect female, so I can understand the trepidation about "inside their houses alone". Typically though, all conversations take place on the door-step. You don't need to go inside, in fact; you really should avoid it, as it really cuts down on the number of doors you can hit in an hour.

Confrontations - it takes two to confront. If someone expresses hostility, just smile, say "sorry you feel that way; let me leave this (literature) with you - (hand it to them) It's still (n) days till the election, if you have any questions or can use any help on June 28, please give the office a call. Hope you change your mind". With that, smile again and walk away - 20 seconds and you're on to the next door.

babblerwannabe
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5953

posted 06 June 2004 10:45 PM      Profile for babblerwannabe     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Well my body tells me that biologically, i am not a female..

But yeah ok, I will help volutneer. I will call the number maybe tomorrow. I am okay with calling people and canvassing with someone else

NDP Newbie
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5089

posted 06 June 2004 10:54 PM      Profile for NDP Newbie     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
We're going in teams of 2.

We're doing more pamphlet drops than canvassing though, as our campaign team isn't huge.

Greg Gogan
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5625

posted 07 June 2004 10:20 AM      Profile for Greg Gogan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
babblerwannabe

Just so you know... we're getting great reception at doors.

Albireo
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3052

posted 07 June 2004 12:19 PM      Profile for Albireo     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Good luck, Greg!

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca