babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » in cahoots   » Network closure plan: Canada Post claims it doesn't exist

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Network closure plan: Canada Post claims it doesn't exist
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 19 November 2005 11:14 AM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Canada Post is in the process of hiring the henchmen or women for a plan they say doesn't exist. It has just posted two jobs on its web site, with duties that include managing massive network changes, including privatization of retail outlets, "rationalization" or closures of post offices and major developments at facilities such as plants.

Canadian Union of Postal Workers

From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
pebbles
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6400

posted 19 November 2005 02:49 PM      Profile for pebbles     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Why are post offices sacred cows?
tallyho
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 10917

posted 19 November 2005 03:15 PM      Profile for tallyho        Edit/Delete Post
I don't know about the rest of you but the post office is little more in our life than a subsidized means for business to send us things.

We probably get a couple pieces of personal mail a year other than greeting cards. If there's anything important to convey to a friend or realtive we pick up the telephone.

Why do we still have mail five days a week? Why not once a week? why at all? It all made sense at one time but in the era of 98% of households and businesses with telephones, high percentage of Internet use, the availabilty of all types of courieur services, etc. ?

We'll go away for a month and come back and there is 'nothing' in the mail of importance. zilch. I have a friend with one of those corner boxes and he checks it no more than once a week.

I don't expect the government to deliver our groceries, cable, laundry, etc, to the door. I don't need it to deliver bank statements and pizza flyers.

[ 19 November 2005: Message edited by: tallyho ]

From: The NDP sells out Alberta workers | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
DrConway
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 490

posted 19 November 2005 03:38 PM      Profile for DrConway     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I actually wouldn't mind some goddamn Saturday delivery, thank you very much!
From: You shall not side with the great against the powerless. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca