today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » in cahoots   » Time to draw a line in the sand

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Time to draw a line in the sand
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 04 April 2005 11:28 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
For two decades, Canada has fought U.S. trade actions. We have fought them under NAFTA, at the World Trade Organization and at its predecessor, the GATT. If we continue to cave in, the Americans will continue to trample over us whenever they have an important interest to protect. In the softwood lumber dispute, we do have alternatives. Despite the ongoing efforts of our continentalist elites, we still have the capacity to assert ourselves and flourish as an independent nation.

Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives

From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Fidel
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5594

posted 05 April 2005 06:31 AM      Profile for Fidel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I'm getting a "loading ..." message from this link,
http://www.rabble.ca/in_cahoots_link.shtml?x=38377

Stop teasing me, Michelle.

From: Viva La Revolución | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 05 April 2005 08:46 AM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
That's weird. It works for me. It only says "Loading" for a few seconds, and then the article comes up.

Is it possible that you're not waiting long enough?

From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
lg
recent-rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7622

posted 06 April 2005 04:06 PM      Profile for lg     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michelle:

Despite the ongoing efforts of our continentalist elites, we still have the capacity to assert ourselves and flourish as an independent nation.

You betcha. I think Canadians underestimate themselves and their abilities. I think the US takes advantage of that and does what it can to keep Canada dependent on it. Time for all that to change. Of course with the recent US schpiel of passports needed when coming in from Canada and Mexico... I can't help but think that the US is separating itself more and more from the rest of the world.

From: canadian seattlite | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca