babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » in cahoots   » Deadly indifference: indigenous women's safety

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Deadly indifference: indigenous women's safety
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 08 October 2004 06:43 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
For too long, Canada has ignored the threat to indigenous women in towns and cities. Many are missing, some have been murdered — and authorities aren't doing enough to stop the violence. That's the conclusion of Stolen Sisters, a major new report from Amnesty International.

Amnesty International Canada

From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Anchoress
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4650

posted 08 October 2004 06:53 PM      Profile for Anchoress     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
It's so strange - someone posted this news item about five days ago and I posted to it suggesting that the originator of the thread alter the title cuz it was very misleading. Then I went to look for the thread yesterday to add to it but I couldn't find it.
From: Vancouver babblers' meetup July 9 @ Cafe Deux Soleil! | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
VanLuke
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7039

posted 09 October 2004 05:48 PM      Profile for VanLuke     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Is this the thread you were looking for Anchoress?
http://www.rabble.ca/babble/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=006709

In the last post I put some related links, which might be of interest to you

[ 09 October 2004: Message edited by: VanLuke ]

Anchoress
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4650

posted 09 October 2004 06:27 PM      Profile for Anchoress     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Yeah, thanks.
From: Vancouver babblers' meetup July 9 @ Cafe Deux Soleil! | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
VanLuke
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7039

posted 09 October 2004 06:52 PM      Profile for VanLuke     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Anchoress

You're welcome.

BTW the links to the Aboriginal Justice Inquiry and the Royal Commission give you the entire reports. (In the case of the Aborignal Justice Inquiry it's almost a thousand pages and I'd think the Royal Commission is probably longer. The former also has an interesting historical overview.)

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca