babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

Topic Closed  Topic Closed

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » in cahoots   » Bono and Paul: more than spin?

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Bono and Paul: more than spin?
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 15 November 2003 09:41 AM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
The PSAC hopes that the Liberals will not be using rock celebrity Bono as a mere publicity stunt and that his appearance at the party's convention is an actual sign from Paul Martin of his commitment to overseas development aid.

The lead singer for U2 is slated to speak at the Liberal Party Convention and is likely to appeal to the new prime minister for a stronger commitment to development aid in Africa , particularly on AIDS crisis relief.

“Let's hope this isn't just all lights and fireworks,” says PSAC National President Nycole Turmel. “We're in the process of negotiating in our collective agreement with Treasury Board a Social Justice Fund that will contribute to international development and crisis relief. So we're definitely interested in Mr. Martin's response to Bono's message.”

Public Service Alliance of Canada

From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
babbler/dabbler
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4633

posted 15 November 2003 10:43 AM      Profile for babbler/dabbler        Edit/Delete Post
I gotta say it! I was impressed?
But the question is how much power does the leader of any one country have and will Martin really follow through.
I'm against royalty and coronations and reserve judgement BUT it was compelling.
I was hoping there would be lots of comment so I am watching every thread to hear your thoughts.

WingNut
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1292

posted 15 November 2003 10:48 AM      Profile for WingNut   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
The PSAC hopes that the Liberals will not be using rock celebrity Bono as a mere publicity stunt and that his appearance at the party's convention is an actual sign from Paul Martin of his commitment to overseas development aid.

HAHAHAHAHA!

Sorry.

And I bet Martin really intends to preserve health care too. I notice when he said "universal health care for all" he omitted "single payer".

Martin is Mulroney on steroids and he is a continentalist. We either oppose him now and hard or we can push the buttion and pull the plug -- say goodbye, say goodbye to Canada.

[ 15 November 2003: Message edited by: WingNut ]

skdadl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 478

posted 15 November 2003 10:50 AM      Profile for skdadl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Have you seen this thread, bd?
babbler/dabbler
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4633

posted 15 November 2003 11:05 AM      Profile for babbler/dabbler        Edit/Delete Post
Dr Conway you are amazing!
To our Great Dane, good to have you.
Please keep us up on what is happening in Denmark. Do you know of a group like this one where you can at least debate the issues...which is where it all has to start.
There is a site that you can check that watches banks, insurance and other economic manipulators.
Have a look at www.watchdog.org

Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 15 November 2003 04:20 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Uh...did you get the wrong thread by accident?
From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Doug
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 44

posted 15 November 2003 06:47 PM      Profile for Doug   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
That's one explanation, but really, isn't Denmark just so much more interesting than Paul Martin?
From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
windymustang
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4509

posted 15 November 2003 06:54 PM      Profile for windymustang     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Also, I just picked up a NASTY trojan horse at watchdog...WARNING WARNING WILL ROGERS!!!
From: from the locker of Mad Mary Flint | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
audra trower williams
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2

posted 15 November 2003 07:14 PM      Profile for audra trower williams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
let's continue this here.
From: And I'm a look you in the eye for every bar of the chorus | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca