babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » in cahoots   » Ontario Tories "wrecked the budget"

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Ontario Tories "wrecked the budget"
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 08 November 2003 11:42 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Yeah, I know, we've done it to death already - I'm sure someone can provide links to the threads where it's being discussed, but I'm putting this thread here since it's a news release by one of our "in cahoots" partners.

quote:
The recently deposed Ontario government was all about “sound fiscal management.” That mantra justified years of program cuts — and massive tax cuts were supposed to pay for themselves by stimulating the economy. Those Tories insisted to the end that Ontario's books were balanced. This week, however, an independent auditor has uncovered a gaping $5.6-billion deficit.

National Union of Public and General Employees

Yeah, big frigging surprise, except oh wait, the NDP were saying all along that the numbers didn't add up. But poor Dalty-walty just had his poor little self taken totally by surprise, poor poopsie.

Sorry, the righteous anger just doesn't seem to be getting old for me.

From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca